• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
Buy the card and together we can rule the Galaxy !!!

For a few months, until they release the Titan X,Y,Z, TI or whatever and then you'll be left clasping the grey, cold ashes of what used to be.

"My God, why has thou forsaken me?! Oh blessed lord, my god Nvidia, tell me it isn't so, thou humble servant beseechs thee! Have I not blessed you enough, strewn your altar rich with gold drawn deep from the well of my pockets!!"

Psalms:127.0.0.1

Last edited:
Associate
I have never seen so many negative comments about this card on Tech websites and forums. But really, everything is subjective. I mean, is a Ferrari an expensive waste of money to someone who stacks shelves in Tesco's? yeah. But to a millionaire it's a bargain. It is all about the lifestyle you are accustomed to, which is governed by what you earn.
I had my GTX 1080 for 2 weeks and sold it, ready for the Titan X. To me this is a bargain and as soon as the Titan is superseded I will sell that too.
It is simple, if you cannot afford this card then you have no right to judge others who can.

Associate
I have never seen so many negative comments about this card on Tech websites and forums. But really, everything is subjective. I mean, is a Ferrari an expensive waste of money to someone who stacks shelves in Tesco's? yeah. But to a millionaire it's a bargain. It is all about the lifestyle you are accustomed to, which is governed by what you earn.
I had my GTX 1080 for 2 weeks and sold it, ready for the Titan X. To me this is a bargain and as soon as the Titan is superseded I will sell that too.
It is simple, if you cannot afford this card then you have no right to judge others who can.

The question is, who will pay for the first one? Check out the cost: https://youtu.be/Pm0-SALYk6c?t=2m44s

Permabanned
How come they decided to keep the name? Titan x ? Slightly confusing i thought they would call it Titan P or something.
Probably something to do with X being 10 in Roman Numerals and this being the 10 series (sort of). As someone said before there probably kicking themselves the Maxwell wasn't named differently.

Soldato

LOL another stupid car analogy...

And what is this elitist rubbish? I am rich therefore nothing I do is stupid? :rolleyes:

If a card is an expensive lemon buying one just because you can afford it doesn't make you any less stupid.

My point is, what has the amount a person earns got to do with anything?

bru

bru

Soldato

And what is this elitist rubbish? I am rich therefore nothing I do is stupid? :rolleyes:

If a card is an expensive lemon buying one just because you can afford it doesn't make you any less stupid.

Just the same as your are entitled to your opinion he is entitled to his.

Soldato

Well £1000 to people with different levels of disposable income isn't always going to be viewed the same way, obviously. That doesn't mean a rich person cant look at the Titan X and say, "That is bad value, not buying it", but it will at least be far more of an option to them than somebody with very little disposable income.

Either way, telling people they are stupid for buying something they want is really pathetic, if you ask me. Unless there is a straight 1:1, objectively superior in every way sort of competing product for less money, then you should not be trying to dissuade somebody from buying something if they have their heart set on it. You can value things how you like and I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate somebody else telling your value judgements are 'incorrect' or 'stupid', so dont do it to others.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Exactly. If I have a couple of thousand a month of disposable to play with something like this is easier to swallow than if I have to save up for 6 months to get one.

Associate

I was simply putting things to scale. If someone has 2 billion in the bank then £1200 is nothing. Every hobby in the world has an enthusiast side to it to some degree, even though everyone is essentially doing the same thing within that hobby.
Some people who can afford this card will hold out because of the little performance increase over the GTX 1080, but some will buy it and it will be a bargain to them.

And I am sorry, the amount you earn has got everything to do with it. Apart from the odd few (incase you call me stupid again), almost everyone who is well off, leads a better lifestyle to some degree. The life you lead is relative to what you earn.

Last edited:
Soldato
some of the comments being posted here are a bit too sharp, tone it down please. 8 pack is a world champ overclocker, of course he is in the know.

i currently have a quad sli rig and it's a useless steaming pile of crud but something feels different this time which means that it will be an even bigger and more expensive pile of crud this time around.

it is true though that even if you buy 3 or 4 cards we are now in this rediculous situation where 3 and 4 way support is being deprecated by nvidia and so the only real reason to get more than two pascal cards is for 3dmark.

but that's not all, to get a decent 3dmark score you are going to need to buy the latest failwell extreme chip to get the physics score.

when you wrap all that up the only conclusion I can come to is that the only people who need to go to such lengths is someone like 8 pack and even then he is going to have to risk someone else's money when he straps on the ln2 pots.

if you are paying with your own money anything over two cards for pascal just says you need to find something else in life to blow it on.

I am not sure what I am going to do but I am mightily suspicious that nvidia knows how fast vega is going to be and will release a full fat Titan with 16gb hbm or more shortly after or even before vega appears.

Last edited:
Soldato
I could buy two GTX Titan X's per month if I really wanted. Doesn't mean I would though.

I'm an enthusiast but at the minute with current pricing, support it's becoming harder and harder to make the choice to buy. I'm getting to the point where id rather put that much money on other stuff rather than 30% performance so I can get 75fps instead of 60.

Not saying anyone shouldn't that's your choice. Just my opinion here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well £1000 to people with different levels of disposable income isn't always going to be viewed the same way, obviously. That doesn't mean a rich person cant look at the Titan X and say, "That is bad value, not buying it", but it will at least be far more of an option to them than somebody with very little disposable income.

Either way, telling people they are stupid for buying something they want is really pathetic, if you ask me. Unless there is a straight 1:1, objectively superior in every way sort of competing product for less money, then you should not be trying to dissuade somebody from buying something if they have their heart set on it. You can value things how you like and I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate somebody else telling your value judgements are 'incorrect' or 'stupid', so dont do it to others.

I am not calling anyone stupid. I am saying that just because you can't afford something doesn't mean your opinion of something is invalid and if something really is a bad buy and I bought it, just because I had the money, then yes, I deserve to be called stupid.

Just hate this thing that has spread through the forums in the last few years. That people are complaining about the price of something just because they can't afford it. Expressions like "Salty tears" etc. That's a worse insult in my eyes.

Soldato
I was simply putting things to scale. If someone has 2 billion in the bank then £1200 is nothing. Every hobby in the world has an enthusiast side to it to some degree, even though everyone is essentially doing the same thing within that hobby.
Some people who can afford this card will hold out because of the little performance increase over the GTX 1080, but some will buy it and it will be a bargain to them.

And I am sorry, the amount you earn has got everything to do with it. Apart from the odd few (incase you call me stupid again), almost everyone who is well off, leads a better lifestyle to some degree. The life you lead is relative to what you earn.

I never called you stupid, I suggest you reread my post.

What you earn doesn't come into it. If the new TitanX is a terrible price/performance then it's a terrible price performance card. What you earn won't change that fact.

Soldato
I was hoping no one was going to mention his name in this thread again as this is an owners thread.

All I will say on the subject is some of his posts and comments to me have been a long way short of what you would expect of a world champ overclocker which is very disappointing.

As to whether someone wants to buy 1 or 4 or even 104 cards, that is entirely up to them.

It would be nice if no one else can mention his name again as this is an owners thread.

Thanks.:)

Your the boss ;) Sorry off topic question, but do you have 1070's at all?

Caporegime
I could buy two GTX Titan X's per month if I really wanted. Doesn't mean I would though.

I'm an enthusiast but at the minute with current pricing, support it's becoming harder and harder to make the choice to buy. I'm getting to the point where id rather put that much money on other stuff rather than 30% performance so I can get 75fps instead of 60.

Not saying anyone shouldn't that's your choice. Just my opinion here.

Tyler, is SLi fairing any better lately? I ask as I'm tempted to go that way instead of the TX way tbh. Get a lot more cores for your money!!

Back
Top Bottom