• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Caporegime
He could have just said that 3 and 4 way SLI was enabled in 368.81 drivers.

This is what anyone else on an enthusiasts forum would have said if they knew.

Well that goes against NVidias waffle of needing a "key" to enable it, that company is doing no end of flip flopping on the 3/4 way sli argument.

Man of Honour
OP
Didn't mention anything about stupid Kaap. In fact I admire your passion for tech. If only I had enough left over to buy the nice shiny things you do.

When I'm on full money in September then yeah that will likely be a possibility.

I'd be tempted by the TX if nvidia let vendors produce. Such as EVGA. I would need the waterblock warranty. Otherwise wouldnt risk it.

Completely agree with your comments. I'd really like to know just how capable it is vs 1080 and how well it overclocks.

Then the bigger question is what price in the UK.

The point is people would be right in saying it is stupid if I was neglecting any other commitments I have.

Fortunately I don't have many commitments so it is not a problem.

I won't be spending anymore this year after this card as I can not see either of the vendors releasing anything else in the very high performance end of the market except maybe a 6gb 1080 Ti version of this card.

Associate
So there is still the green GEFORE GTX logo on the side :)
Thanks for linking that stream.

And Kaap mate, you and others like you drive innovation and technological advance. If everyone was happy with mediocre power we'd all be playing ping pong. You are a hero in my eyes!

Man of Honour
OP
I think with the launch (only my guess) of the Pascal Titan X it is important for NVidia to get 3/4 way support out for synthetic benches.

With the 1080 there was little point as they can not beat Maxwell on LN2, with the arrival of the Pascal Titan this will all change.

I suspect we will see some massive LN2 scores just after launch day.

:)

Last edited:
Associate
So instead of nvidia trying to sort out the shortage in memory chips for the 1080 they release the titan using the same kind of memory chips. *claps* well done nvidia *claps*

Talk about money grabbing. :(

Associate
If they can't make money, lots of it then they won't have money for R&D and we'll have GPUs with 5% per year improvements like Intel's got now.

Oh I agree but don't like this idea that instead of fixing the problem with short supply they just come out with another card that uses the same memory causing even more of a shortage.

The 1080 launch has to have been the most successful in terms of demand but complete shambles in terms of supply. People still sat waiting for their product 60+ days is absolutely shocking.

Caporegime
So this latest cash grab card is allegedly due for release on Tuesday, barely any noise about it, only available direct from NVidia and most likely limited review samples according to some articles i've seen. Gonna be an interesting release....

Soldato
So this latest cash grab card is allegedly due for release on Tuesday, barely any noise about it, only available direct from NVidia and most likely limited review samples according to some articles i've seen. Gonna be an interesting release....

As they're all FE (reference) cards I don't see any negatives to being available through Nvidia only to be fair. If people complaining about 1080 pricing, notably the FE and currency fluctuations, took a look on the green site they'd find that the ref 1080 hasn't increased in price at all since launch which I find quite amusing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom