• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Permabanned
Ah! My total maximum radiator cooling power is 4200w. My reservoir is of the kind that sits ontop of the pump and only holds 150ml compared to your 'massive' 3 litres!!!

I use Noctua NF-F12's on all the radiators in a push only configuration. Fresh air is drawn into the case by Noctua NF-A14's and NF-S12A's. I run all fans at 30% which is inaudible to me (computer is 2ft from my head on the desk). Also using an Aquaero (6XT variety) and have set the fans to ramp up as water temp approaches 30 degrees, maxing out at 45% PWM. Water never makes it to 31.

• NF-F12 @ 30% = 360rpm
  • NF-A14 @ 30% = 407rpm
  • NFS12A @ 30% = 400rpm

I am using the EK-TIM Ecotherm and the pads that came with the block. Do you think switching these would make much difference?

The pump is not controlled through the Aquaero and is plugged directly into the motherboard utilising set and forget philosophy in the BIOS settings. It's set to 40% which is about 2050rpm (EK PWM D5). Might try running at max speed while gaming to see if temperature comes down. I'm quite sensitive to noise and at full tilt I do find the pump a little uncomfortable. I guess this is a matter of personal preference though.

To be fair I only ramp the pump up for benching, like you I don't like the noise.

Still playing with profiles on the aquero. But I'm happy with 40c so will tailor the profile more towards silence. Max pump speed I can bear is around 3000rpm so plan to keep it wil below that. Pump speed does make a difference of a few degrees to the cpu GPu temps even if you keep the fans at the same speed.

Thermal paste and pads might bag you a degree or two, depends on what you are swapping from.

Met reservoir holds 600ml, most of my water seems to be in the rads and the loop lol.

I know one thing, the case feels like it weighs 40 kilos.

:)

I took one of my Nemesis GTX280s out of the loop last week when I was rebuilding because I didn't need it and swapped to push/pull on the GTX560 instead.

The front GTX280 is in push/pull with ML140 fans, the basement GTX560 is in push/pull with ML140 fans and the XSPX RX480 v3 is in push at the top of the case with ML120 fans.

I don't see any figures for the RX480 V3 re: wattage... but it appears to have similar cooling performance to the Nemesis GTX480 - so will assume around 2200W

So that's 2200 + 2500 + 1200 = 5.9kW :D

With two 250ml reservoirs... my loop seems to hold somewhere between 3-4 litres.

My GPUs hit 40C with my quiet profile... but that's 20-25% fan and pump speed and under full load... think i've seen the top one peak at 41C... the bottom one is usually about 36-37C.

Spin the fans and pump up though and it drops to the 30C mark.

In quiet mode, CPU hits 60-65C under Aida64 load... 50C with things ramped up a bit.

Soldato
bear in mind im only going on personal temps (water) and those i have seen here and others forums but it would appear that way.

Must be unless you all live in the Arctic lol.

I'm guessing it's due to the Titan having a bigger die. Transfer the heat more efficiently.

My 1080's peak at about 47c (room temp about 23c, normally running between 43-44c) after a good run, that's with fans at 1000rpm and pumps at about 50%. Plus kryonaut paste and grizzly pads. Saw them at 53c before I replaced all that.

Even idle at about 30c.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Whatever you do dont go for hard tubing if you want a quick,cheap job. Took me three months on and off to do mine. I reckon in total my build took me 30 to 40 hours and it looks pants compared to the skilled people on here.

Its only saving grace is its performance at keeping everything cool and quiet.

Permabanned
Bah... my first go at hardline took me about 3 hours from start to finish :p

The full and final loop took the better part of a full day including all the fiddling... but I had the OS and drivers all installed by bedtime.

Wifey's build... so my second WC build - took maybe 5 hours and looks pretty decent, even if it's not perfect.

Haven't done anything quite like that before... but I found it quite easy.

It was definitely more time consuming than soft tubing to get all the bends / tube lengths right - but worth it :)

Caporegime
Bah... my first go at hardline took me about 3 hours from start to finish :p

The full and final loop took the better part of a full day including all the fiddling... but I had the OS and drivers all installed by bedtime.

Wifey's build... so my second WC build - took maybe 5 hours and looks pretty decent, even if it's not perfect.

Haven't done anything quite like that before... but I found it quite easy.

It was definitely more time consuming than soft tubing to get all the bends / tube lengths right - but worth it :)

First full day eg 7 hours I had managed to get one tube right and had binned 3m of tubing :p

Permabanned
My very first attempt at watercooling was a pain in the backside... it was about 10 years ago and before much dedicated PC watercooling stuff was around... it was pre-compression fittings... you had to use barbed fittings, soft tubing and those metal tighteners you use a screw driver to secure onto the barbs.

Thing leaked not long after build... but thankfully the insurance company turned a £1000 cobbled together PC into a £3-4k PC after claiming under accidental damage coverage :D

Permabanned
First full day eg 7 hours I had managed to get one tube right and had binned 3m of tubing :p

Haha... I dunno quite how I managed it... I made a bunch of mistakes in my first attempt but somehow I managed to wiggle them into fitting properly and looking OK.

IMG_0316 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

My build still isn't completely finished - but it's nearly there - I've just been waiting on the custom braided cables to complete it. I missed the delivery today, but will collect them tomorrow. Should only be another hour to get the new cables in... that long because I want to tidy up the rest of the cables otherwise it'd just be a few clicks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Like I said before, my biggest problem was failing to find an insert the right size. Anything past a smooth curve just kinked and got binned.

Ive learnt my lesson to use different tube next time.

Ive still got to tidy up all the cables and set up the aquero profiles properly.

Oh and trouble shoot 10 leds which arent lighting up which might mean a full strip down to fix :(

Back
Top Bottom