• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Caporegime
Its far more of a hassle setting up a water loop and finding a stable overclock, on occasion that can take hours for gains that aren't even noticeable in-game. Plus for the loop its also adding to the cost. People seem to be under the impression that 2100mhz is some kind of magical number, when in-fact in terms of in-game performance you're not going to see any difference over 1900 or thereabouts.

It may have a point for the 3d mark brigade but for actually playing games the difference is mainly negligible.

To be fair mine maxes out at 2088 but it stays at 2088, max temp 30C, fans running at 348 rpm.

SO may not be that much faster than air but stays at max speed.

But agreed watercooling is an extra cost and not insignificant.

Associate
To be fair mine maxes out at 2088 but it stays at 2088, max temp 30C, fans running at 348 rpm.

And lets be honest it's not a cheap initial purchase lol.

Man of Honour
OP
Its far more of a hassle setting up a water loop and finding a stable overclock, on occasion that can take hours for gains that aren't even noticeable in-game. Plus for the loop its also adding to the cost. People seem to be under the impression that 2100mhz is some kind of magical number, when in-fact in terms of in-game performance you're not going to see any difference over 1900 or thereabouts.

It may have a point for the 3d mark brigade but for actually playing games the difference is mainly negligible.

Going from a genuine 1900mhz to 2100mhz does make a decent increase in gaming performance, even more so if you test after 3 hours of non stop gaming.

Caporegime
Have you done any testing ?

As for quoting figures you should be using percentages rather than random figures.

When I used to overclock the performance bump generally wasn't worth the time put into getting it stable. You could be rock solid in one game and another randomly crashing out. Unless you go aio or a dedicated loop thers not all that much to be gained unless you want to be wearing ear muffs 24/7. :p

As for percentages, Why? Because percentages can look like bigger numbers until the actual fps difference is shown?

Man of Honour
OP
When I used to overclock the performance bump generally wasn't worth the time put into getting it stable. You could be rock solid in one game and another randomly crashing out. Unless you go aio or a dedicated loop thers not all that much to be gained unless you want to be wearing ear muffs 24/7. :p

As for percentages, Why? Because percentages can look like bigger numbers until the actual fps difference is shown?

Percentages are accurate random fps are not.

And while we are on the subject have noticed the racket the cooler on a Pascal Titan makes if you try and maintain a constant high overclock on air.

And you were the one trying to tell me watercooling does not make much difference, read your own post.

Another thing to remember is an overclock like 2000mhz on water is not the same as doing it on air even if GPUZ is telling you it is running at the same speed. On water the overclock is more solid and consistent.

Associate

What radiators and pump do you run in your setup?

I have two Hardware Labs SR2 360s and a Hardware Labs GTS 360 in my loop. My 1080 hits low 40s so I am interested in how you've got your titan to run at such low a low temperature.

Caporegime
Percentages are accurate random fps are not.

And while we are on the subject have noticed the racket the cooler on a Pascal Titan makes if you try and maintain a constant high overclock on air.

And you were the one trying to tell me watercooling does not make much difference, read your own post.

Another thing to remember is an overclock like 2000mhz on water is not the same as doing it on air even if GPUZ is telling you it is running at the same speed. On water the overclock is more solid and consistent.

I was referencing cost and effort vs results, the biggest change would obviously be noise but i think anyone can attest to setting up a loop can be a PITA. Sometimes it can go smoothly, other times it makes you want to chuck the pc out the window. Cost is the other factor, its possible that a new case is also needed to set one up to your liking.

Which is why i would prefer an aio personally. :)

Associate

I have two Hardware Labs SR2 360s and a Hardware Labs GTS 360 in my loop. My 1080 hits low 40s so I am interested in how you've got your titan to run at such low a low temperature.

Titan is awesome on water my average temps also are around 30 / 32c max load at present.

Permabanned
I was referencing cost and effort vs results, the biggest change would obviously be noise but i think anyone can attest to setting up a loop can be a PITA. Sometimes it can go smoothly, other times it makes you want to chuck the pc out the window. Cost is the other factor, its possible that a new case is also needed to set one up to your liking.

Which is why i would prefer an aio personally. :)

Noise was the main reason I went full-loop... the extra performance gains I likely wouldn't be able to notice.

The noise difference though... is massive... the system operates on 20-25% fan speed and 25% pump speed at 4.4GHz 6950X & 2000/10000 Titan XP SLi without even having to ramp the speed up under full load... it's awesome. That's well worth the investment in my book.

The clock speeds are also more stable, so that minimises micro stutter

Caporegime

Hardware labs black ice nemesis 420gtx, 360gtx, 240gts. Total maximum radiator cooling power is 4800w!!!!!!!! The 420gtx has in and out fans on it. Aquaerus d5 pump. All the fans are vardar extended range either 140mm or 120mm. Leave them on 10% fan speed normally. They barely move.

Used the best thermal paste grizzly Kyro and 11w and 14w thermal pads on the Titan.

Massive reservoir, three litres of fluid, all aquaerus controlled.

Titan hits 39c if I leave pump on 2 and fans on 10% If I set pump to max and fans to 500/600 (around 33% fan speed) it peaks at 29/30c.

Max water delta is 6/7c.

Last edited:
Associate
Hardware labs black ice nemesis 420gtx, 360gtx, 240gts. Total maximum radiator cooling power is 4800w!!!!!!!! The 420gtx has in and out fans on it. Aquaerus d5 pump. All the fans are vardar extended range either 140mm or 120mm. Leave them on 10% fan speed normally. They barely move.

Used the best thermal paste grizzly Kyro and 11w and 14w thermal pads on the Titan.

Massive reservoir, three litres of fluid, all aquaerus controlled.

Titan hits 39c if I leave pump on 2 and fans on 10% If I set pump to max and fans to 500/600 (around 33% fan speed) it peaks at 29/30c.

Max water delta is 6/7c.

Ah! My total maximum radiator cooling power is 4200w. My reservoir is of the kind that sits ontop of the pump and only holds 150ml compared to your 'massive' 3 litres!!!

I use Noctua NF-F12's on all the radiators in a push only configuration. Fresh air is drawn into the case by Noctua NF-A14's and NF-S12A's. I run all fans at 30% which is inaudible to me (computer is 2ft from my head on the desk). Also using an Aquaero (6XT variety) and have set the fans to ramp up as water temp approaches 30 degrees, maxing out at 45% PWM. Water never makes it to 31.

• NF-F12 @ 30% = 360rpm
  • NF-A14 @ 30% = 407rpm
  • NFS12A @ 30% = 400rpm

I am using the EK-TIM Ecotherm and the pads that came with the block. Do you think switching these would make much difference?

The pump is not controlled through the Aquaero and is plugged directly into the motherboard utilising set and forget philosophy in the BIOS settings. It's set to 40% which is about 2050rpm (EK PWM D5). Might try running at max speed while gaming to see if temperature comes down. I'm quite sensitive to noise and at full tilt I do find the pump a little uncomfortable. I guess this is a matter of personal preference though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah! My total maximum radiator cooling power is 4200w. My reservoir is of the kind that sits ontop of the pump and only holds 150ml compared to your 'massive' 3 litres!!!

I run them on 30% which is inaudible to me (computer is 2ft from my head on the desk) and translates to about 350 rpm. Also using an Aquaero (6XT variety) and have set the fans to ramp up as water temp approaches 30 degrees, maxing out at 45%. Water never makes it to 31. I use Noctua NF-F12's (at 30% this is approximately 360 rpm) on all the radiators and fresh air is drawn into the case by Noctua NF-A14's (400rpm at 30%) and NF-S12A's (400rpm at 30%). .

I am using the EK-TIM Ecotherm and the pads that came with the block. Do you think switching these would make much difference?

I run my pump at 40% (EK PWM D5). Might try running at max speed while gaming to see if temperature comes down. I'm quite sensitive to noise and at full tilt I do find the pump a little uncomfortable. I guess this is a matter of personal preference though.

To be fair I only ramp the pump up for benching, like you I don't like the noise.

Still playing with profiles on the aquero. But I'm happy with 40c so will tailor the profile more towards silence. Max pump speed I can bear is around 3000rpm so plan to keep it wil below that. Pump speed does make a difference of a few degrees to the cpu GPu temps even if you keep the fans at the same speed.

Thermal paste and pads might bag you a degree or two, depends on what you are swapping from.

Met reservoir holds 600ml, most of my water seems to be in the rads and the loop lol.

I know one thing, the case feels like it weighs 40 kilos.

Associate
To be fair I only ramp the pump up for benching, like you I don't like the noise.

Still playing with profiles on the aquero. But I'm happy with 40c so will tailor the profile more towards silence. Max pump speed I can bear is around 3000rpm so plan to keep it wil below that. Pump speed does make a difference of a few degrees to the cpu GPu temps even if you keep the fans at the same speed.

Thermal paste and pads might bag you a degree or two, depends on what you are swapping from.

Met reservoir holds 600ml, most of my water seems to be in the rads and the loop lol.

I know one thing, the case feels like it weighs 40 kilos.

Ah-ha. Thought you meant you had a 3 litre res!

My loop holds about 1.5l of coolant.

Back
Top Bottom