• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
That might have been the case before but now they have basically released the exact copy of the TitanX with 0.75 less ram and a better cooler for £500 less, there isnt any reason for the the Titanxp to be more money second hand than a 1080ti

Apart from their extra ROPs Memory and bus width.

Having said that I don't think anyone bought a Titan worrying about their second hand value.

The 1080 Ti is actually good news for Titan users as not only have they had 7 months use out of them already but they are also good for another approximately 12 months before anything faster comes along in the shape of Volta.

Caporegime
The 1080 Ti is actually good news for Titan users as not only have they had 7 months use out of them already but they are also good for another approximately 12 months before anything faster comes along in the shape of Volta.

Pascal refresh due next year with 2070, 2080 and 2080TI so the 2080ti should be faster than the Titanxp but yeah thats a year away so we are good. :)

Soldato
The TITAN is legendary, I wouldn't sell it even if I was upgrading to the next best thing, something to look back on , collectors edition surely?

Associate
I don't regret buying my titan, I have enjoyed it and AIB 1080ti's will be £100 more expensive than reference 1080ti. yes the 1080ti is close to titan spec's but its not quite a titan yet, although I expect them to be real close but the titan is still top dog.

Soldato
Now that the 1080ti is right around the corner is there any reason to buy a titan xp? £480 seems quite steep for an extra gigabyte of vram.

In the past:
Titan OG/Black had double precision and double the vram of the 780(ti). Former had a smidge more cuda cores.
Titan X had double the vram and a few more cores than the 980 ti.
Titan XP has ???

Have nvidia killed their own card?

Associate
Genuine question now. What do you Pascal T owners think now that a card costing £500 less than your reference one (not including watercooling cost on top) is basically the same performance as your card, meaning the 1080Ti? Do you feel that your card has lost over £300-£400 quid in value overnight?

Not at all, its been a pleasure to own and i have no regrets,however if i have bought the Titan a month ago i might
Apart from their extra ROPs Memory and bus width.

Having said that I don't think anyone bought a Titan worrying about their second hand value.

Exactly this, I've had my Titan XP for over 6 months and been over the moon with it, the 1080ti was always going to happen and i knew this when i bought it, in all honesty i wouldn't care if the 1080ti is the faster card, it wasn't about last September.

Associate
I got a get out of jail card. I bought a titan xp 20 odd days ago and thought like most that it would be faster than the ti so I wasn't bothered about cost. If I'd had it 4 months ago the ti wouldn't have bothered me too much... however I was pretty peeved when they said the ti was faster after that little time owning it although I expected it to be about 700 quid considering what the 1080 was.

I Phoned nvidia and sent them an RMA email saying i was pretty dissapointed and if they sorted the RMA quickly before it runs out in a few days I would buy a founders ti as it fits my ek waterblock and they are going to refund me, it's worth noting they have a 30 day returns policy not the 14 day statutory and I haven't used the card as I'm still painting my new case.

I've since ordered a ti from their site and am so far impressed with their customer service.

Soldato
That might have been the case before but now they have basically released the exact copy of the TitanX with 0.75 less ram and a better cooler for £500 less, there isnt any reason for the the Titanxp to be more money second hand than a 1080ti
Sad but true me thinks - buying top end hardware always has this risk attached though. I am just enjoying mine and to hell with it.

Associate
The Titan X was always a long term purchase for me, I'm not card hopping, I bought the best I could at the time and I've watercooled the whole system, and the PC looks awesome :)

It's going to be a couple of generations of graphics cards before I care about what's out there again..

Soldato
Not done that before though, would be a bit odd to stop the TX's so soon. Maybe release the full 38** core chip for new TXP? I'm making various assumptions including considering the decent price of the TI, probably incorrectly, but I do reckon the next architecture will be coming sooner this time around too but probably not before December but wouldn't be too surprised if we see a 1180 Vega this year.

Caporegime
Not done that before though, would be a bit odd to stop the TX's so soon. Maybe release the full 38** core chip for new TXP? I'm making various assumptions including considering the decent price of the TI, probably incorrectly, but I do reckon the next architecture will be coming sooner this time around too but probably not before December but wouldn't be too surprised if we see a 1180 Vega this year.

Thats much more likely than a Volta Titan appearing any time soon.

Soldato
based upon my initial tests with the 1080ti I would expect that a revised Titan would be on the cards with updated memory chips at the very least. In actual gaming benchmarks the Titan appears to fall short simply because of the increased memory bandwidth that the 1080ti has.

A new Titan Black Edition would make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom