• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Polaris RX 480 Owners Thread.

Soldato
Sure with the name scheme but it is a jump from 28nm to 14nm so it should be outperforming the 970 and 390 but hopefully as the drivers mature it'll pull ahead and in the future gain on the 1070.

Well it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, coming in at the same price point and giving next tier performance. In Dx12 games it pulls way ahead of the 970. Drivers should make a difference, with AMD you usually do get a good increase further down the line.

The only problem is the Brexit messing up prices in the UK market.

Wonder what the AIB's will do with them.

Man of Honour
OP

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

FWWrWvL.png

Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, stulid, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, Kaapstad, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, whyscotty, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Sapphire Reference 8gb, AMDMatt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RX 480.​

Soldato
Quick question for you owners. Was looking to get the 4Gb version for my spare PC that runs my projector through a Yamaha Amp 5.1 system..

Projector outputs at 1080p 60HZ, wouldn't mind some light gaming, problem is the CPU is a lowly i3 2120, is the CPU a major bottleneck?

Back
Top Bottom