The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
today's 365 pic - see the rest HERE all comments appreciated :)

365_day42_by_lewiscarrington-d39b50u.jpg

Very nice! Love the colours, subject and composotion. Also the hard shadow really makes the clock pop.

Soldato
First go at image stacking. This is shot from out the back of the house in Troon. There's loads of light pollution sadly so I'm a little disappointed with it even though it seems to have come out ok. The Milky Way can been seen winding it's way from the bottom right to the top centre. The mass of stars at the bottom is the galactic core. I don't know what the small galaxy in the middle bottom left is.

40 images, f2.8, 24mm, ISO 3200, 20 second exposures, 15 dark frames.

Have a look at light pollution filters which should help but they'll increase the exposure time. Nice photo btw. I take it because of the wide field you're not using a tracking mount?

Looks on the right tilt for andromedia (M31).

Last edited:
Soldato
First go at image stacking. This is shot from out the back of the house in Troon. There's loads of light pollution sadly so I'm a little disappointed with it even though it seems to have come out ok. The Milky Way can been seen winding it's way from the bottom right to the top centre. The mass of stars at the bottom is the galactic core. I don't know what the small galaxy in the middle bottom left is.

40 images, f2.8, 24mm, ISO 3200, 20 second exposures, 15 dark frames.

There is a little trick you can try in Photoshop. Create a duplicate layer of your image, then use gaussian filter set to around 55 pixels and then invert this layer. You will end up with a white\blue image on this layer. Drop the opaque value of the layer to around 50% and then merge the image. It will look washed out, but now use levels\curves to get the black back. The orange light pollution should have now disappeared :)

Last edited:
Soldato
<snipski>

P1010459 is a really nice shot. I can't think of the last time I saw that look on a photo (well actually that's a fib, I saw it on a photo on flickr today that was taken a couple of years ago!) that actually worked well.

This reminds me of a film short that used to be shown in the cinema on Saturday mornings, in the 70s, about a nuclear scare.

Not that you care, but some kids come back to their town and there's no one around, and all the houses were empty :D

Associate
Yes, another roibin

Yes, that should say 'Robin', can't edit the title so now I look like I can't spell - I just can't type :(

Very cheeky and nosey robin, helped along by the crumbling of a Tracker bar I had in my pocket.

robin2m.jpg

robin1a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom