The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I took a trip to the Froncysyllte aqueduct at the weekend, its an impressive structure that carries the canal over the dee valley. Heres a few shots

7000357919_61de15d8c5_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7000347299_1f08532359_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

we also visited the err llangollen steam railway, why are the places so hard to spell

6854189658_e8b758494b_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6854203786_dae9399a4f_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6854229956_7e8fba7346_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7000226827_0514c145b7_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Soldato
ManCuBuS - There's a Blue *** who visits our bird feeder who also has no feathers on his head. It does look odd!

An Exception - Stop posting cute cat pics, my daughter keeps asking for one!

domthecondom - What look are you going for? I'm not sure about the shadows from the different light sources, they don't seem to come together well. It's nearly there but the double shadow conflicts? The clipped elbow is odd, the smoke might look better blown up at more of an angle so as not to obscure the shisha pipe and perhaps bring the model and shisha close together? I dunno really, but you asked for feedback :D

marlos - Looks like flare is a bit of an issue, might be worth looking at that in PP?

Throttle - That old Nissen hut with the decrepit car looks awesome!

The naughty step:

Jennie - The naughty step... by jj_glos, on Flickr

Soldato
I think that's what's destroying me! Too much is out of focus, but I can see that if everything was in focus then it might be a bit snapshotty. I guess it would depend on processing after that!

Man of Honour

I like them and great first HDR attempts too but I think there's too much blue disturbance in the lower half of each image and that gives the impression of extra image noise. You could easily solve that by importing to Photoshop and using Hue/Set (CTRL+U) to lower the blue channel saturation and perhaps even Cyan too to see how that looks!

Also, you have a dirty sensor :p

Soldato
I think that's what's destroying me! Too much is out of focus, but I can see that if everything was in focus then it might be a bit snapshotty. I guess it would depend on processing after that!

It was at f1.8, just a quick snap as the view amused me. I was getting stick from the wife and mother in-law though as I had just put her on the naughty step and was taking a picture!

I did lift the shadows, this one is a darker PP but has the same issues. Slight rotation on this one as well.

Jennie - The Naughty Step by jj_glos, on Flickr

Soldato
It was at f1.8, just a quick snap as the view amused me. I was getting stick from the wife and mother in-law though as I had just put her on the naughty step and was taking a picture!

I did lift the shadows, this one is a darker PP but has the same issues. Slight rotation on this one as well.

Jennie - The Naughty Step by jj_glos, on Flickr

Aww, poor little mite! :p

It's a nice picture, something interesting about it, although I can't make my mind up if the coats add or take away.

I like it none the less...

Soldato
I like it. Probably because only the shoe's are in focus and the rest isn't. I am by no means a photographer, but my favourite pciture I took last year was 95% out of focus.

However it was the ethereal look that a loss of focus gave that I really liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom