The Predator (2018)

Soldato
Started with hope but soon became an incredible pile of dog turd once it turned into a Saturday night live comedy sketch. Only thing worth a damn is Olivia munn. I think Keegan Michael Key, is my most hated actor in Hollywood atm.

Soldato
So you loved the movie then :D:D:D
I enjoyed seeing the various scifi weapons from the predators arsenal again, and for some inexplicable reason I thought the film had promise at the start and mid bits until it went completely off the rails.

No idea what the directors or writers were on because anyone could have rustled up a better plot than this.

Soldato
None of them after the first one made much sense and were what I'd consider 'good' so i find it odd that this latest's one receives so much hate, i enjoyed it in terms of its entertainment.

Associate
Thought it was just me. I was looking forward to this after following it from the beginning . It wasn't long in to the film I really thought it's got to get better but sadly it just got worse. Utter pile of suit. Plot was riddled with holes and the acting was poor...On a lighter note I watched Ant man and the Wasp the following evening and throughly enjoyed it. .

Soldato
Just spotted it's on E4 tonight at 2200.

Caught it part way through a month or so ago, made Alien Covenant and Prometheus look amazing, awful addition to earlier Predator films!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was just watching this again on Saturday night, they had some nice concepts about the hybrid predator and the killer suit at the end. But besides that the movie was bad, so many jokes most of which that didn't land, though Tourette's guy ticking and distracting the Predator was slightly amusing.

The whole movie played out like the writer was on crack for most of the process, it just felt like a movie going out of the way to not take itself serious, any "serious scene" felt like the actors were just holding in laughter.

How 'Predators' never got another outing is strange as it was by far the best of all the movies after predator 2 (though that's not really saying much). Would have been interesting to revisit that and see if the 2 survivors managed to get off the planet and see where things went from there. They even talked about a possible prequel showing what Laurence Fishburne's character went through, which could have been interesting.

Back
Top Bottom