The RAC have lost my car.

Don
OP
just madness the mind boggles

ok the car is lost what can we do to help sir ?

would be a good start at least.
They don’t give a fig. It is outside of their normal procedure so they don’t have any kind of process to deal with it.
I’ve given up now. Spent too much of my time on the phone, explaining the same story over and over again.

Permabanned
They don’t give a fig. It is outside of their normal procedure so they don’t have any kind of process to deal with it.
I’ve given up now. Spent too much of my time on the phone, explaining the same story over and over again.

cant believe it bud even getting the car back your insurance may have something to say about it too in a negative way to you premium wise.

tough one this is.

Man of Honour
Maybe ring them up and say that your Honda has broken down (in some random place), see if they realise whether they have the car or not. :cry:

Soldato
Would the police investigate in any way? I'm guessing no, it'll just be a crime number and insurance job, with all the costs that incurs for daring to make a claim.
Awful situation.

Permabanned
Would the police investigate in any way? I'm guessing no, it'll just be a crime number and insurance job, with all the costs that incurs for daring to make a claim.
Awful situation.
no they wont.

its been upto the OP to do the chasing and now insurance taking over so car found or not he will feel the pinch on renewal.

just madness.

Soldato
I know you said you'd go to the press but the National Press would definitely be where I'd be right now as a national newspaper carrying the story with the obligatory "sad face" photo (and Hovis in the background) with your social media "The RAC lost my car........." story will make the HQ of a big company literally drop everything just to "fix" the bad publicity and its better to have that pressure coming from HQ down than to be passed around from low level peon to peon.

The LBC bit was a good start but the story needs to be on bigger platforms (and you can now link them toi the LBC report as well) i.e. if I don't see it on the Daily Mail front page (the most viewed news site in the UK irrespective of peoples views on it) then its not a "big" enough story yet etc.

Good luck anyway!

Soldato
I'll never take insurance through Admiral or any of it's other companies again. They cancelled my insurance without notifying me when they claimed they couldn't take my direct debit. There was plenty in the account so unless I could get my bank to provide a letter saying they were at fault (surprise, they wouldn't) they refused to even take a card payment or re-apply to my bank. The worst thing is they did all this via letter which took 5 days to arrive. I was without insurance for five days thanks to their admin issue and could have been stopped and my car seized by the police!

I cancelled with Admiral and they tried to take my payment, luckily an expired card. They contacted me to say that they couldn't take payment, so I had to contact them and point out that I had already cancelled, so they messed up by trying to take the payment in the first place.

Luckily it did fail or I'd have been messing about with refunds on top.

I cancelled with them because they upped my premiums by 40% and when I queried this, they said they had increased them by an average of 15-20%, and I was like why is mine 40% then! :cry:

Man of Honour
My RAC membership was up for renewal and I was planning on cancelling it anyway. I cancelled the auto renew yesterday and they called today to offer a retention deal. For general shenanigans I said I wasn’t renewing because of the lost CRV. The guy promised me they wouldn’t lose my car if I renewed. :D

Soldato
My RAC membership was up for renewal and I was planning on cancelling it anyway. I cancelled the auto renew yesterday and they called today to offer a retention deal. For general shenanigans I said I wasn’t renewing because of the lost CRV. The guy promised me they wouldn’t lose my car if I renewed. :D

Doesn't appear to be a promise they can keep!

Associate
Bro they're just borrowing the CRV....

Back
Top Bottom