• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Got a brand new PSU Super Flower.. Sort it the issue think it was DP cable playing up

From personal experience, a good DP cable is requirement for peace of mind.
Since started using DP1.4 HDCP 2.2 rated cable more than 2 years ago, stopped having any kind of issue.

Especially stop having to send the XL2730Z to Benq with flickering problems, even if used DP1.2a rated cable from 2015 when got the cable. (the one came with the monitor was DP1.1)
And all 3 monitors had to RMA during the 2y warranty period, suffered from that same issue after 5-6 months receiving the monitor and were brand new replacements all the time.

Associate
Since started using DP1.4 HDCP 2.2 rated cable more than 2 years ago, stopped having any kind of issue.

Good idea, going to see do you recommend any particular brand?
Especially stop having to send the XL2730Z to Benq with flickering problems, even if used DP1.2a rated cable from 2015 when got the cable. (the one came with the monitor was DP1.1)
And all 3 monitors had to RMA during the 2y warranty period, suffered from that same issue after 5-6 months receiving the monitor and were brand new replacements all the time.

Associate
What's the difference between the Powercolor 5700 XT and the Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT? They both look identical except the Red Dragon has some red on it.

I'm interested for an ITX SFFPC I'm looking to build.

Cheers

Soldato
My FuryX is starting to feel old, still runs games ok but the 4GB VRAM is a hard limit for some things so I just bit the bullet and ordered a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+, hope it's not noisy.
Looks like it should be a nice upgrade:

Last edited:
Soldato

DP cables especially people simply don't realise that cheap cables wont cut it they need to be decent and preferably VESA certified. Been down that road myself.

Associate
Any. That's the normal temp recorded by all software including the drivers.

Junction is the sensor deep inside the GPU for boost purposes, which AMD publishes on the API.
Nvidia has one too but isn't accessible through to the drivers.

Okay I get you now, trying to undervolt with new drivers, how do you increase memory use to 900MHZ on previous driver can't seem to find it.

Soldato
GPU Temp is 72c, and junction is 99c. Normal settings all okay?

Reference? Yes. But you can improve by undervolting or raising bit the fan speed.

Okay I get you now, trying to undervolt with new drivers, how do you increase memory use to 900MHZ on previous driver can't seem to find it.

Here. "old" 900Mhz is 1800 with the latest drivers. (turned off GPU tuning so it could fit on 1 screen :D )

ds9zY86.png

But must say I love the new UI, especially because we can enter set values and not fiddling with the points and curves :D

tcMtgul.png

Who needs 3rd party software ffs.... oh forgot, Nvidia users :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom