• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Man of Honour
Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Modular Gaming Power Supply

I dont have any overclocking on my CPU or GPU. GPU temps sits around 40oc at idle i updated to the lastest bios the other day

it works fine when i am just browsing the web watching videos but as soon i load up a game it just starts to black screen its inconsistant also i can go for afew days without issue but this morning its just black screens and i have to forse a resewt to the pc

Second person in two days with the same PSU and "black screen" and crashing issues. Granted the other fella had the issue with 3080 but....

Caporegime
Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Modular Gaming Power Supply

I dont have any overclocking on my CPU or GPU. GPU temps sits around 40oc at idle i updated to the lastest bios the other day

it works fine when i am just browsing the web watching videos but as soon i load up a game it just starts to black screen its inconsistant also i can go for afew days without issue but this morning its just black screens and i have to forse a resewt to the pc
Your system memory is overclocked though (according to your sig) so have you tried putting the BIOS back to default optimised settings and running the memory at 2133Mhz with auto timings to see if the same issue occurs?

Associate
Your system memory is overclocked though (according to your sig) so have you tried putting the BIOS back to default optimised settings and running the memory at 2133Mhz with auto timings to see if the same issue occurs?

yeah when i updated the motherboard bios the day i left everything at defualt (xmp it off at the moment aswell)

will have a look at the PSU tonight got a second system with a 650 EVGA PSU in it

Associate
My sisters 6800XT Nitro+ is excellent and a real pleasure to tweak. I've a 3090 myself, coming from a Vega64 , and years ago I never thought I'd say it but AMDs driver package is my preference now!

Associate
I can't tell you how it really is gaming yet. I've yet to actually give her the whole computer though that'll be happening soon enough since I'll be able to drive into Wales again. Benchmarks wise, well the cooler is better than the standard one, so you can either have a quieter card or a faster card if you are happy with the increased fan noise. Saying that, it's a very quiet cooler anyway. But yes, it does run cooler than the standard card. You do have the option of an overclocked and "quiet" bios as well.

The card behaves similarly to Vega in that undervolting it seems to be the way to go for a day to day overclock though, keeping things quieter in general.

Associate
Definitely quieter too, love my sys atm as it's fast and quiet :)
Yeah that's what I mean sorry. It runs cooler for the same noise level. I have it in my mind that they have the same thermal target, so if you leave them stock they'll run about the same, just the Sapphire will be quieter doing it.

Associate
Ah, that's not good. Nor is it common so I wouldn't be put off AMD because of it as it sounds like you have a particular problem, possibly a faulty card, which happens.

Personally, I've recently gone AMD --> Nvidia and back to AMD. Nothing particularly wrong with Nvidia but I much prefer the AMD experience, especially the drivers.

Associate
Only went amd this time due to getting lucky with being able to get one at rrp otherwise would have got a 3080
Just sucks the other time I had a amd card was a 4870 and I had a host of problems from bios issues to the drivers
Hopefully I cam get a replacement or a refund

On doing to research there did se to be a problem with black screens and certain freesync monitors and there was a issue with msi cards something to do with the power limit and having to.low of clocks that was fixed with a bios update but nothing available for gigabyte cards

Associate
Yea that's why I asked about the black screens - sync issues can cause them but they don't tend to crash the game or lock the PC.

Sorry about your problems and hope you get it sorted.

Caporegime
I found a fix for my issues with getting into my Asus Crosshair 6 BIOS with the 6900XT. I have to connect my G95 monitor via HDMI to get into my Asus Bios. That's not a driver issue, that's a 6900XT Bios issue right?
These issues are almost always caused by either having CSM set to Enabled or Disabled.

Back
Top Bottom