• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7600 Review Thread

Imo it's clear that RDNA 3 is really just RDNA 2 architected to be able to do the MCD+GCD design, so in the case of a monolithic chip like the N33 it's basically just an RDNA 2 card. That's why ultimately this card is really no better than the 6600 XT with absolutely nothing worthwhile to differentiate it. Sure, it has AV1 encode as extra, big whoop. It's exactly as disappointing as it seemed from all the leaks it got shown in months ago.

I guess it would feel worse if I didn't already look at RDNA 3 as an abject failure ever since they showcased it first with N31. There's no hope for Radeon this generation. The N32 cards will be no less disappointing.

So basically it performs like an overclocked 6700 for a slightly lower MSRP and 2GB less memory.

It's like both of them are living in bubbles.

HUB have it at 273 watts , same as the 4060ti

this is not the `gotcha` fail you are making it out as

Im still struggling to understand what you are getting at. What "gotcha" is there to have.

I was simply making a point that its efficiency is poor in comparison to other cards of this generation.

????

Has there been a collective lobotomy in here or something?

It is precisely the fact that it is not a competitor to the 4060Ti (ie it is much slower), that makes its efficiency poor :confused:

because maybe they are at different price points ?
4060 will be £299 ? and 7600 £259 ?

Last edited:
This one at least isn't a complete waste of silicon, but it's just a slight refresh of what were already the most reasonably priced cards anyway so it just seems kinda pointless (and should have had at least 10gb IMO unless they want to sell it for 200 quid). I do wonder what those dormant AI cores will do.

edit - I thought one of the benefits of the chiplet model was supposed to be that it'd let them make cards cheaper :S

Last edited:
Looks meh as expected. Had an appointment so couldn't get to the computer in time.

Should have been under £250.But all this does is upsell the RTX4060.
I think that the 4060 is too weak for you to care about the nvidia value adds and the 4060 won't do any better at raster than the 7600. Even DLSS3 is really for when you're already at 60FPS+, using it to get you from say 40FPS to 60FPS won't get you the experience you're after.

And then they both have too little VRAM for a lot of common GPGPU use cases so Nvidia's advantage there kind of disappears. DLSS2 is a little bit better than FSR2 but enough for you to really care? Probably not in practice.

But yeah the 7600 is priced to "slot in" perfectly with what Nvidia just announced, that's my theory.

Does that mean the 7700 XT will be a side step from the 6750XT?
I would think so, it will likely have a few more shaders (I think 3072), but otherwise very similar (retaining the 192-bit 12GB VRAM for example)

This would be less worrying but this is actually a full Navi 33 so it's not clear exactly where a "7600 XT" would even come from. So we can assume this is pretty much as good as it's going to get outside of Navi 32 cards which will be much more expensive.
Unlikely there even will be a 7600XT.

As above I think the 7700XT will be a 3072 shader part, assuming it's a chiplet part then it will have 3xMCD to get the 192-bit bus. (essentially half a 7900XTX)

7800XT would be a 4x MCD for 256-bit memory bus, possible with 4096 shaders, to maintain similar sort of ratio to the 7900XTX / 7600, but that would be less than the outgoing 6800XT, and only slightly more than the 6800.

There's room for a non-XT 7700, and 7800, but it depends how much the shader count can be varied with this architecture, as it's unlikely that the chiplet design would allow any in-between steps for memory buses (e.g. 160-bit, 224-bit, 288-bit)

I think that the 4060 is too weak for you to care about the nvidia value adds and the 4060 won't do any better at raster than the 7600. Even DLSS3 is really for when you're already at 60FPS+, using it to get you from say 40FPS to 60FPS won't get you the experience you're after.

And then they both have too little VRAM for a lot of common GPGPU use cases so Nvidia's advantage there kind of disappears. DLSS2 is a little bit better than FSR2 but enough for you to really care? Probably not in practice.

But yeah the 7600 is priced to "slot in" perfectly with what Nvidia just announced, that's my theory.
The problem is at £30 difference it might be enough for people to care. This card needed to be £250 max.

Nopt when Nv put the bare bones 4060 at 300 and the flashy triple slot cooler ones for 400

The issue is they can get away with it as the RTX4060 will probably draw less power so will need less cooling.

As I said before, if this was above £250 it will be a hard sell for only £30 difference.

The only way it will look good is if the RTX4060 is slower than an RX6650XT in rasterised performance.

A pretty low target.
The big difference is that while the 7600 also barely moved performance, at least it did not price upwards, at least compared the MSRP of the 6650XT.Of course, the MSRP of the 6650XT was crazy and its street price was a lot less.

While nothing spectacular, a monolith Navi22 refresh on 6nm which might have brought just under 6800 performance at 50-70W less with new CODECs and display output might have made a lot more sense than the still missing chiplet Navi 32.

Edit: but since 6nm is meant to be a volume node, they really could have launched at £200-£220 to try to get some volume. This would be reasonable 1080P card for £200 or so - well except on those games which run out of VRAM with only 8GB at 1080P.

The RX6600 series at launch was a ripoff. I am not sure what AMD is doing here with this pricing. Who is going to pay £270 for an RX7600 when an RTX4060 costs £300?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom