• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Yeh, it looks like a good card. I intend to keep it a while so the extra years warranty is probably worth it and 20 GB should last a reasonable amount of time.

How do you mean 999?

Oh you're going for the 7900xt and not the xtx, sorry thought you was going for the latter.

That price for the RX 7900 XT Nitro+ is really appealing, just 50 more than the Sapphire reference model and you get all the benefits of the Nitro+...

Yeh. I wasn't that keen on the potential power use, but the fact it has a silent lower power mode /dual bios thing means I can have it running efficiently on most games where the extra grunt isn't needed.

Extra years warranty is nice, and silver matches my case/setup much better too.

From reviews if you don't want any coil whine, the Nitro+ is your best option.
That's the plan, I went with Asus because they had three years warranty. I really loved the card it was a tank of a card and well-built.

So I either try again with another TUF 7900XTX or Nitro+, but I really liked the TUF :confused:

I just ordered a Nitro XT as well.

I had one before, purchased it at launch for 999. Had to RMA it for a dodgy fan 6 weeks later and got a full refund from OCUK.

Just ordered at 799, saved a couple hundred quid. Result!

At that money, that’s an amazing card. Makes some of the top end 4070’s look laughable.

Yeah I am very tempted but have no need at present, my 6800 runs everything I want at +100fps and I have way too much to play on all my consoles/PC so will try and not give in, I know it will be cheaper end of the year.

Depending on how long its at 799 for I might end up ordering as well.

I want to see how my 3070 plays the new Star Wars: Jedi Survivor game (I'm hoping/not expecting it to struggle) which comes out next Friday and then depending on that I'll make a decision on picking one up.

Last edited:

I had one before, purchased it at launch for 999. Had to RMA it for a dodgy fan 6 weeks later and got a full refund from OCUK.

At that money, that’s an amazing card. Makes some of the top end 4070’s look laughable.

Yeh, it makes the 4070 look very expensive to be honest.

Should last a lot longer than the 4070 with the 20gb as well.

Hopefully will play games well for a good number of years.

Bit annoyed that they've dropped the price and I've not even used mine yet. Still waiting for them to fix the drivers.

Of course I guess you could argue that if you wait long enough prices are bound to drop so when do you stop waiting.

I mean really it's still very expensive for AMD's 2nd tier card and 4th(?) fastest overall, we're just fooled into thinking it's good because of all the silly prices over the last few years.

Yeah was on Hotdeals, once the masses see a deal like this they go FAST!

Ironically it went cold on there, but the £750 reference deal from elsewhere went really hot...

To be honest, i think the Nitro is a better deal. Extra years warranty, dual bios (so can run cool/efficient and silent or overclocked), much quieter and better cooler, looks better (at least for my case colour scheme anyway!) and likely more desirable come resale time anyway.

Last edited:
Ironically it went cold on there, but the £750 reference deal from elsewhere went really hot...

To be honest, i think the Nitro is a better deal. Extra years warranty, dual bios (so can run cool/efficient and silent or overclocked), much quieter and better cooler, looks better (at least for my case colour scheme anyway!) and likely more desirable come resale time anyway.
Yeh the nitro was the better deal, the MBA cooler is lovely but loud.

I had a look at the prices earlier when i saw the XT was selling for £750 i'm surprised the the Nitro X was only £50 more than the lowest price one, still overpriced at £750 but heading in the right direction.

Ok ta. Presumably perhaps it gets sent once delivery has been recorded or there is a delay of some sort in case someone cancels their order.

Just wondering as there was no note of it on my order, but the latest news page on OCUK created on the 18th, clearly states the offer was extended.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom