• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Guys, should I go for Nitro + 7900xtx or the pulse? Difference is like 130 quid at the minute.

I think both use the same pcb, just the Nitro has an rgb header on the board and a better cool. If I was buying I'd get the pulse and put a waterblock on so it goes in my loop.
The Nitro is quieter but whether its £130 worth of quiet is upto you I guess

Soldato
I've given the XT Nitro+ an absolute hiding these past few days on Forza Horizon in Extreme settings, getting over 120+ FPS on average and the thing doesn't make a sound... zero coil whinge!

I've noticed a few reports of the fans randomly failing overtime, I've been keeping an eye on mine and all in full functioning order.

Associate
I've given the XT Nitro+ an absolute hiding these past few days on Forza Horizon in Extreme settings, getting over 120+ FPS on average and the thing doesn't make a sound... zero coil whinge!

I've noticed a few reports of the fans randomly failing overtime, I've been keeping an eye on mine and all in full functioning order.
Yeah mine is quite as a mouse when it comes to coil whine to. the 2070s it has replaced was horrendous

Associate
After checking out the 4070 and the 4070 Ti, with both being a disappointment, and ignoring the 4080, for its ridiculous price, I have more on less decided to get a 7900XT, as if I have to pay a higher price for a card, I want the best value and performance I can get, and a card that will last a good few years.

My only concerns is Coil Whine, with some cards reporting more than others.

The two cards I am looking at are the, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT Nitro+ Vapor-X, or the, Asrock Radeon RX 7900 XT Phantom Gaming OC, and wanted to check if anyone who has these cards has any issues with coil whine or fan noise, before buying?

Also, is it worth spending the extra for the 7900XTX?

Last edited:
Soldato
After checking out the 4070 and the 4070 Ti, with both being a disappointment, and ignoring the 4080, for its ridiculous price, I have more on less decided to get a 7900XT, as if I have to pay a higher price for a card, I want the best value and performance I can get, and a card that will last a good few years.

The two cards I am looking at are the, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT Nitro+ Vapor-X, or the, Asrock Radeon RX 7900 XT Phantom Gaming OC, and wanted to check if anyone who has these cards has any issues with coil whine or fan noise, before buying?

FWIW my 7900XT pulse is pretty silent, so presumably the nitro will be similar. Not sure how much of a crapshoot it is but most people seem happy with the Sapphire custom cards. The XTX cards are a bit too spendy IMO.

Associate
I got the Nitro+ XTX yesterday installed in and getting coil whine but at this point don’t care anymore these cards all see to have it in some form or another.
On another note my AIO pump broke so I got a Noctua D15 chroma it’s a tight fit very tight fit. I will post some pictures soon but that I am thinking of sending the D15 back to rainforest and get another AIO but that’s the second one that’s broke for me in the years I have been using AIOs.

Associate
I got the Nitro+ XTX yesterday installed in and getting coil whine but at this point don’t care anymore these cards all see to have it in some form or another.
On another note my AIO pump broke so I got a Noctua D15 chroma it’s a tight fit very tight fit. I will post some pictures soon but that I am thinking of sending the D15 back to rainforest and get another AIO but that’s the second one that’s broke for me in the years I have been using AIOs.
Instead of an AIO, could try a small custom loop for the CPU, that way you can replace the individual part that fails more cheaply than an entire AIO, and no issues with your GPU.

Caporegime

My Nitro 7900xt has a bit of whine at high frame rates.

To be honest, most graphics cards I have had exhibit some sort of coil whine at high frame rates (IE some benchmarks where it's doing over 150 FPS all the time, or game menus)

Youd probably be lucky to get one that didn't, and I'd also be wary of people saying theirs are 100% silent. Some people are deaf :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom