• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato

AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Graphics​

SKU: 100-300000053
£889.23

• Compute Units: 96
  • Ray Accelerators: 96
  • Game Frequency: 2300 MHz
  • Infinity Cache: 96 MB
  • Max Memory Size: 24 GB
  • Memory Type: GDDR6

Maximum Purchase: 1 unit

Out of Stock

Why don't retailers like OCUK sell the 7900XTX for retail price but other cards like the 7900XT or 4070 can get had for retail? Cheapest XTX on OCUK is £1050 which is quite a bit above MSRP yet the XT can be had for £750 and the 4070 for for £560 now.

Why us 7900XTX pre scalped?

Associate
Why don't retailers like OCUK sell the 7900XTX for retail price but other cards like the 7900XT or 4070 can get had for retail? Cheapest XTX on OCUK is £1050 which is quite a bit above MSRP yet the XT can be had for £750 and the 4070 for for £560 now.

Why us 7900XTX pre scalped?

MSRP for gpus are just a joke and not really relevant. The best gpus from Nv and AMD always have a price premium and all the time that the 4090 is £1600 the XTX will stay at its current price point.

The XT is currently the better deal and it should have always been £750.

Soldato
That maybe the case but sales aren't exactly fantastic on any card right now.
Before the 4070 released Nvidia and even OCUK seemed to expect them to sell well yet you could get models at MSRP. They aren't any 7900XTX models at MSRP.

Last edited:
Associate
Exchange rates make a huge difference and it also depends if the card companies and AMD are willing todo rebates. There’s lots going on in the background. It’s not like going to get a bag of peas from Tesco.

Soldato
Exchange rates make a huge difference and it also depends if the card companies and AMD are willing todo rebates. There’s lots going on in the background. It’s not like going to get a bag of peas from Tesco.

Yeah but exchange rates have improved since release. As said above other cards can be had for close to or very near MSRP, just not the XTX.
AMD's site lists the XT for £756, that can be bought for £750. AMD list the XTX for £890, which is still about £40 more than the MSRP of $1000 after VAT and current exchange rate has been taken into account yet OCUK sell the cheapest for £1050.

Caporegime
XTX does seem to be holding its price, which usually means that demand is there for it regardless. XT is def the buy at £750 imo considering the XTX is only 20% faster at best (and sometimes just 10/15%).

Last edited:
Soldato
XTX does seem to be holding its price, which usually means that demand is there for it regardless. XT is def the buy at £750 imo considering the XTX is only 20% faster at best (and sometimes just 10/15%).

Do you think so..? Could be way off here but that doesn't seem to be the message Nvidia is hearing. Instead, if true, they seem to just cut back production rather than cut prices to the point of incentivising sales. Maybe as long as they do that AMD have little competitive reasoning to do anything with the XTX, price wise. It is nice to see actual price dropping a little for the XT, would like to see the XTX drop to closer what the RRP is set at. I think that is around £900...?

I look forward to seeing either the XT or the XTX in one of Steams hardware surveys, for what that means.

Last edited:
Associate
Im a pulse owner more than happy with it but I would go for the Nitro. Its got a bit more horsepower is quieter and looks pretty good if you like RGB.
I’m not a fan of RGB - none in my rig whatsoever. In regards to horsepower - I’m not looking to overclock it either. Maybe under volt the card to make it run a bit quieter and cooler if anything.

What is the pulse card like in your opinion? Is the build quality good etc?

Associate
I’m not a fan of RGB - none in my rig whatsoever. In regards to horsepower - I’m not looking to overclock it either. Maybe under volt the card to make it run a bit quieter and cooler if anything.

What is the pulse card like in your opinion? Is the build quality good etc?

It’s definitely well built,I would say the build quality is top notch.

Back
Top Bottom