• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
No worries. :D I’m sure someone will get back to me!
Got my 7900 XT from OCUK. After receiving no TLOU code, I got in touch within 48 hours via the customer service form on the OCUK website. Someone quickly replied back with a TLOU code, even though it was over a weekend. Good save.

Associate
If people haven't seen this one from yesterday with Jim.
Is Jenson on the ropes? Will his leather jacket save him or will it be a hit to his leather wallet!?

Associate
New drivers out finally after over a month, and the high idle power consumption with multimonitor setups remains unfixed, just staying listed as a 'known issue' :mad:

Associate
The lowest I'm usually seeing on UWQHD with a 7900 XT is about 75 FPS @ max settings average in the most demanding scenes (Cyberpunk 2077 and TLOU, no RT, no upscaling) - possibly CPU bottlenecked in the former when it drops to that FPS.

Generally this card seems to by happy pumping 85+ fps on average in the most demanding games @ ultra settings, though I've not tested it much on my UWQHD as I've been playing more at 4K60.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Associate
If they can't fix such a high-profile issue within 6 months then I doubt it'll ever be fixed tbh.
Not so sure. I had the random black screen issue with my 5700 XT for like 2 years, but it was fixed eventually IIRC :cry:

I'm going to invest in a short HDMI extender cable. I don't need it for length, just want it so I can keep unplugging that from my graphics card / TV instead of potentially wearing out the plug on my expensive 20m fibreoptic HDMI 2.1 cable that's now embedded in my walls and running through my loft, which I will presumably use for years if not decades. Just hope the extender cable doesn't fatally deteriorate the signal.

Might be a non-issue, but better safe than sorry. At least it's not like the NVIDIA power plug with its 'rated for 30 re-plugs and then broken' :cry:

Or of course AMD could just fix their idle power consumption with multi-monitor setups. I find it hard to believe it's not fixable - surely it's not some 'physics based' problem.

Associate

ASRock RX 7900 XTX AQUA gets an extra 255 MHz GPU boost with the new “Extreme OC” BIOS​

Associate
Hey all,

I just got my new rig and I've been having a horrible time. Hunt Showdown just randomly crashes sometimes in the middle of a match, I've never managed to get into a game of Warzone 2.0. I even just got a blue screen entering windows

Is PC gaming in 2023 this awful or is there something wrong with my 7900 XT?

Associate
Hey all,

I just got my new rig and I've been having a horrible time. Hunt Showdown just randomly crashes sometimes in the middle of a match, I've never managed to get into a game of Warzone 2.0. I even just got a blue screen entering windows

PC graming is great. Posting on this forum with no information not so much. Did you build this PC yourself or did you buy a pre-built. If pre-built send it back as they obviously did not test it. If you built it you will need to list your exact components and list the trouble shooting you have done.

Caporegime
Hey all,

Sounds like you may have some system instability.

Associate
PC graming is great. Posting on this forum with no information not so much. Did you build this PC yourself or did you buy a pre-built. If pre-built send it back as they obviously did not test it. If you built it you will need to list your exact components and list the trouble shooting you have done.
Yeah a pre-built. The idea of sending it back after waiting almost 3 weeks is… frustrating (especially as it’s now my work computer).

So there aren’t any known issues with the card or drivers? Anything I can do at home?

Associate
Yeah a pre-built. The idea of sending it back after waiting almost 3 weeks is… frustrating (especially as it’s now my work computer).

So there aren’t any known issues with the card or drivers? Anything I can do at home?
Maybe contact the business that prebuilt the rig and see if any issues can be isolated and fixed. Go through some troubleshooting. Not ideal but better than running a rig that’s not fit for purpose.

Associate

Nope drivers are rock solid. To be honest it could be anything. Send it back you should not be getting these problems.

Associate
Hey all,

Could be your psu. I concluded (with a bit of help from friends) mine was faulty after I swapped it out for another one. No crashes after that.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all,

I had the same with a +1300w EVGA and because it was so old (10 years), Once I swapped it with an FSP 1200w all crashes have gone away.

Just installed an Alphacool waterblock on my 7900 xtx red devil and with 2x360 rads to cool the cpu and the gpu with fans at 35% I am getting the numbers below which seem pretty good.

7900xtx+5800x3D.

dzaPQn0.jpg

The below are for a 4 day binge of gaming:

image.png

Only PL 15% and no voltage change.

A0CJVUb.png

Back
Top Bottom