• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Looking at the spec it should come with 4 pcie cables. If you have lost them it would be worth ordering more rather than risk using a splitter.

Associate
"New driver, new table.
Same story, ddu previous driver, uninstall chipset driver. Install new driver, install chipset driver, run benches
."

GTxtr7h.png

Last edited:
Associate
Well, I was waiting for the Nitro XTX to go back to £1099 but I called OcUK and they say they can't go back to that price for now so I pulled the trigger on a Pulse XT at the end. I just couldn't justify the £350 difference and I NEED a GPU by Friday as Diablo IV is coming :D
Anyways, by spending less I won't feel as bad if I the next gen is awesome and I want to upgrade again :rolleyes:

Associate
Well, I was waiting for the Nitro XTX to go back to £1099 but I called OcUK and they say they can't go back to that price for now so I pulled the trigger on a Pulse XT at the end. I just couldn't justify the £350 difference and I NEED a GPU by Friday as Diablo IV is coming :D
Anyways, by spending less I won't feel as bad if I the next gen is awesome and I want to upgrade again :rolleyes:
Good stuff. May I suggest downloading your AMD video driver. Disconnecting your network. Uninstalling your old driver with factory reset then installing new driver. once done reconnect your pc to the network. This will avoid poxy ms update ballsing up your driver install. Not that I’m bitter that it happened to my daughters laptop and it nearly went into orbit.

Associate
Good stuff. May I suggest downloading your AMD video driver. Disconnecting your network. Uninstalling your old driver with factory reset then installing new driver. once done reconnect your pc to the network. This will avoid poxy ms update ballsing up your driver install. Not that I’m bitter that it happened to my daughters laptop and it nearly went into orbit.
Thanks, I was planing on format the whole PC, I did that the last time and worked like a charm so I’ll do the same this time too :)

Associate
I'm currently looking at getting this for my sffc, can you let us know how noise and coil whine is when you get it please. Gonna get 6700xt version of pulse for my daughters PC as well.

Soldato
I'm currently looking at getting this for my sffc, can you let us know how noise and coil whine is when you get it please. Gonna get 6700xt version of pulse for my daughters PC as well.
Got a Pulse 7900 XTX, very quiet and when it does spin up it's not intrusive.

Zero coil whine but never had any coil whine on multiple GPUs I er the years on my Superflower PSU that's years old.

Associate
I got the Pulse XT. Fans are very quiet, not intrusive as they say. Coil whine is there but it is MUCH better than the reference card. Overall, very very happy with it.

Associate
My 7900 XT Pulse arrived today.

Initial thoughts:

It's quiet. I haven't given it anything more challenging than a 20-run Speed Way stress test amd some light gaming but the fans never got above 40%. Definitely happy with that.

It has some coil whine. More than the Asus 4070 Dual in my other half's PC and more than the 6600 XT it replaced, but it draws a lot more power than those cards and it's putting out higher frame rates. It's MUCH better than my old Vega 64, or the first 4070 I got for my other half (MSI Ventus). I'm pretty happy with it, and coil whine usually drives me up the wall.

It dumps a lot more heat into my case than the old 6600 XT, obviously. Longer term I may look at getting a different case. The Silent Base 801 I have now has very limited top ventilation, which isn't ideal when I've got a 360 AIO up there trying to keep a 5800X3D cool. I have the mesh front panel from the 802 but I'm not sure I'd want to stick a 7900 XT in a small case without good airflow.

It's probably overkill for what I'm going to do with it, and honestly another Asus 4070 Dual for £200 less would probably have been fine and would certainly produce less heat. But I already have one of them to play with. If a 7700 XT or 7800 XT was around I'd probably have gone for one of them instead, but they're not out yet and I wanted a new card in time for Diablo 4, whether I really needed it or not!

Overall, happy with what I've got and very relieved it's not loud and doesn't need to be sent back for coil whine.

Caporegime
It dumps a lot more heat into my case than the old 6600 XT, obviously. Longer term I may look at getting a different case. The Silent Base 801 I have now has very limited top ventilation, which isn't ideal when I've got a 360 AIO up there trying to keep a 5800X3D cool. I have the mesh front panel from the 802 but I'm not sure I'd want to stick a 7900 XT in a small case without good airflow.
I have the 802 and have been fine with anything upto a 4090 putting out 500W+ so am sure with a little fan jiggery-pokery you'll be fine. I have 2 140mm fans drawing in from underneath too which I think is key, can the 801 do this?

Associate
I have the 802 and have been fine with anything upto a 4090 putting out 500W+ so am sure with a little fan jiggery-pokery you'll be fine. I have 2 140mm fans drawing in from underneath too which I think is key, can the 801 do this?
I've got 3 x 140mm PW2 in the front as well as the standard 140mm PW2 at the back, with a Liquid Freezer II 360 in the top.

I can see that there's space in the PSU shroud for one 140mm and I've had a quick look at the website and it looks like the 802 is the same except for the roof - where did you mount the two 140s underneath?

Associate
Towards the front (I removed the HDD cage which allows the second one to be added).
I have a feeling I'm being very thick here. :)

If I remove the HDD cage and remove the cover above it I've got room to mount one 140mm horizontally within the PSU shroud, but from the manual I can't see where a second fan should go - I'll have it to bits after work and have a look, I should have some fans lying around to try it out.

Caporegime
I have a feeling I'm being very thick here. :)

If I remove the HDD cage and remove the cover above it I've got room to mount one 140mm horizontally within the PSU shroud, but from the manual I can't see where a second fan should go - I'll have it to bits after work and have a look, I should have some fans lying around to try it out.
Might be an 802 change but 1 more 140mm coming in underneath will def help some.

Associate
Might be an 802 change but 1 more 140mm coming in underneath will def help some.
I'm kind of derailing the thread into a case discussion but...

Do you have all the top panels on the PSU shroud removed, with one fan below the mesh in front of the PSU and another in the "hole" toward the front?

Back
Top Bottom