• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

i've posted about this before, but the memory timings setting has such a subtle effect on the overall stability of the gpu that it's not worth it
for me, core at 1120mv is stable when memory is 2730@fast
but if i set it to 2770@regular, then core is stable at 1090mv, with better performance since the SOC clock goes up to 1500mhz once past 2762mhz, and the core is capable of boosting higher at the same wattage
previously my gpu would **** itself when it'd get close to 2900mhz using 2730@fast, but with 2770@regular i've seen it break 3030mhz+ in fallout 4 and it doesn't crash or anything

everything summed together equates to a 10% perf boost over stock at default power limit, or about 2-3% higher perf at -10% PL :)
+15% PL is a waste - literally just 3% more perf for that much more power

overall super happy with these results, wish i could get an even bigger undervolt in there, but ah well, silicon lottery is silicon lottery :)
wonder whether these cards allow for greater UVs when under water? or would it be a waste of money on a nitro+? i'm happy with the temps & noise, only interested in a potential perf boost

Last edited:
Associate
i've posted about this before, but the memory timings setting has such a subtle effect on the overall stability of the gpu that it's not worth it
for me, core at 1120mv is stable when memory is 2730@fast
but if i set it to 2770@regular, then core is stable at 1090mv, with better performance since the SOC clock goes up to 1500mhz once past 2762mhz, and the core is capable of boosting higher at the same wattage
previously my gpu would **** itself when it'd get close to 2900mhz using 2730@fast, but with 2770@regular i've seen it break 3030mhz+ in fallout 4 and it doesn't crash or anything

everything summed together equates to a 10% perf boost over stock at default power limit, or about 2-3% higher perf at -10% PL :)
+15% PL is a waste - literally just 3% more perf for that much more power

overall super happy with these results, wish i could get an even bigger undervolt in there, but ah well, silicon lottery is silicon lottery :)
wonder whether these cards allow for greater UVs when under water? or would it be a waste of money on a nitro+? i'm happy with the temps & noise, only interested in a potential perf boost
Happy to be proven wrong but the temps I get on the nitro plus I don’t think water cooling is worth it.

Associate
Hi.. Im new for AMD before i use only nvidia nut now i got a sapphire pulse 7900 xt.. What is the best settings for use this card withput error and when i looked msi afterburner main page the core clock shown 2800... İ dont touch anything.... Please give me some advices

Soldato
Recieved my Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX on Friday and am very happy with it :)
Upgrading from a a Vega56, so a big leap...the XTX is probably overkill (especially considering as I'm still gaming at 1440p), but I'm hoping this is me set for at least the next 5 years. Can finally play Hell Let Loose with an acceptable framerate :)

Associate
Hi all, looking for some advice.

I've had my 7900xt for a week and my ownership so far has been painful - every game i play (apart from Cod which is odd) was experencing frame drops, over all FPS was okay but every 1 or 2 min it was dropping frames making my games feel awful.
I've used DDU (used every time when uninstalling drivers)
formated SSD
Fresh install Windows 11
Latest Bios
Tried Diffrent drivers
reinstalled latest drivers.
Checked Temps and they are fine.
Put a light OC on the card
Limit FPS

What i dont understand is my 3d Mark Score (times spy) was fine. Graphics score betweet 26500 / 27000 and CPU score 12000

Now what ive done more research and someone used the maximum/ minmium frequences in the following way - minimum frequences below 300Mhz below maximum Frequency.
So I've done 2600MHz on max and 2300MHz and Min and finally im getting a good experence minis some very very small FPS drops which im willing to accept.

This cant be normal? ive never had this kind of issue out of the box from a GPU Before? this is my first AMD GPU so am i doing something wrong here?

My Spec is the following:

5800x3d
7800xt
32GB @3200Mhz
750watt PSU

Thanks for reading... needless to say im a bit frustrated but some what relieved that ive made some results.... i dont understand how i can get good results from the bench mark/ pass time spys stability test but the games dont run great.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
i want to say should i undervolt it or rest at standart settings...because i get a blue screen with my sapphire pulse

It should work fine at stock settings, are you sure that the blue screen is caused by the graphics card?

I would usually check the memory first, before I suspected the graphics card.

How often does the blue screen happen?

Thanks for reading... needless to say im a bit frustrated but some what relieved that ive made some results.... i dont understand how i can get good results from the bench mark/ pass time spys stability test but the games dont run great.

Have you looked into HPET?

What is your monitor and refresh rate?

Associate
Hi all, looking for some advice.

I've had my 7900xt for a week and my ownership so far has been painful - every game i play (apart from Cod which is odd) was experencing frame drops, over all FPS was okay but every 1 or 2 min it was dropping frames making my games feel awful.
I've used DDU (used every time when uninstalling drivers)
formated SSD
Fresh install Windows 11
Latest Bios
Tried Diffrent drivers
reinstalled latest drivers.
Checked Temps and they are fine.
Put a light OC on the card
Limit FPS

What i dont understand is my 3d Mark Score (times spy) was fine. Graphics score betweet 26500 / 27000 and CPU score 12000

Now what ive done more research and someone used the maximum/ minmium frequences in the following way - minimum frequences below 300Mhz below maximum Frequency.
So I've done 2600MHz on max and 2300MHz and Min and finally im getting a good experence minis some very very small FPS drops which im willing to accept.

This cant be normal? ive never had this kind of issue out of the box from a GPU Before? this is my first AMD GPU so am i doing something wrong here?

My Spec is the following:

5800x3d
7800xt
32GB @3200Mhz
750watt PSU

Just had a cracking game of battlefield. FPS drops were bearly noticable. glad ive made some gains, its just unfortanate the experence hasnt been good out the box..... maybe now i can finally enjoy the GPU.

Associate
Just ordered a Nitro+ 7900 XTX :)

Been waiting for the price to drop back down closer to £1000 and at the current price, Gibbo got my money. It will be my first Radeon card in about 20 years, so looking forward to seeing what it's like.

That's really tempting but I think I'll resit a little longer really want to see what the 7800xt will be about.

I have to say at that price you would actually be an idiot to buy any other XTX model.

If it was that price on launch day I would have bought that no question but as the fomo has left my system now gonna keep on holding

Soldato
That's really tempting but I think I'll resit a little longer really want to see what the 7800xt will be about.

I have to say at that price you would actually be an idiot to buy any other XTX model.

If it was that price on launch day I would have bought that no question but as the fomo has left my system now gonna keep on holding
Rumours (!) are that the 7800 will release at $579 and be better than 4070 performance with 16Gb VRAM.

No rumours AFAIK about the XT variant.

Last edited:
Associate

Yes, I did briefly look at the Red Devil and Pulse, but the Nitro+ won out on strength of reviews. I think I prefer the look of the Red Devil :eek: but the Nitro+ is by all accounts a quality bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom