• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Thanks for all the help guys, I will try this.
I am on latest bios and chipset drivers already, someone commented that maybe a dodgy PSU, It is a few years old now but has been rock solid- its a be quiet 1200W and nothing going on to suggest it's failing as once GPU drivers are reinstalled, the problem goes, and I can play for hours with no issues. I am one of those people who always likes to run windows update and CClean before I game and reboot.
Even deleting the %temp% folder before I start. I have also disabled TPM in the bios as after digging around heard about stuttering issues.
Try a Selective Start-up and disable all non Microsoft items, temporarily, since maybe it is some other software on your system that is involved.
XSHBMmJ.png

If that doesn't help, re-enable those items and look elsewhere for the issue.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
thanks to overclockers astounding service..I ordered around 4pm on friday afternoon and still had it delivered before 10:30 on saturday morning

went for the 7900xt in the end...was going to get the tuf gaming but its an exceptionally big card and was worried about cable bumping up against my glass window..so went for the sapphire vapor+ its still a hefty card but nowhere near as big as the asus one..just need to get an extra extension power cable..I have two nice ones and now one ugly standard one! with it needing 3 connectors

its a nice looking card in situ

53002764145_57afcc7de3_b.jpg

Soldato
No consumer graphics cards should be selling for >£1,000, I hope that Nvidia realizes it can't continue.

I think only the special edition cards should go for this much (like an E-Peen thing for enthusiasts).

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
@AMD_Vik Is there any update on the VR update performance fix?

I see over on the Amd forum about a month ago, AMD Matt posted that progress was being made with finding the issue and debugging. That was a month ago and I've not heard anything since?

Love my 7900xt and I'm just getting into VR so this issue wasn't on my radar when I bought my card back in February.
Yes, this will be in an upcoming major release. We're pushing to get this out ASAP, but unfortunately, I can't comment on exactly when this will be available

Soldato
No consumer graphics cards should be selling for >£1,000, I hope that Nvidia realizes it can't continue.

They’ve been doing it for years. Titan Z was about 3 grand. Makes a 4090 look good value. Even the GTX 8800 Ultra was circa 800-1k dollars on release.

I think it’s well and truly here to stay.

Soldato
Soldato
The RTX 4090 needs at least a few hundred pounds knocked off the price, the cost per frame is too high.

It'd take the RX 7900 XTX any day, at £900 (below the current MSRP price). Uses around 100 less watts also.

The price of the RTX 4080 occupies where the 4090 should be.

Reducing the RTX 4080 MSRP to £1,000 would be a start.

Americans will pay more though because they can avoid paying VAT in some cases, that's why the prices are like this I think.

The only thing it offers is higher performance ray tracing, which lots of games don't need or use.

Also, it will appear obsolete when the RTX 4090 TI is released.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom