• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Apparently ASUS didn’t engineer any tolerance at all in to the X670E Gene I/O cover when using a big GPU like a Nitro…

Blimey that is tight. I almost went with that board myself but ended up going with the ATX Hero instead and glad I did now.

Associate
Apparently ASUS didn’t engineer any tolerance at all in to the X670E Gene I/O cover when using a big GPU like a Nitro…

Need to get the Dremel out for that!

Soldato
I’ve used a bit of clear 3M tape in between them to try and stop scratching. No idea what ASUS were thinking with that, they could have easily have reduced the size of the cover. Next problem, the GPU is so big it blocks the only PWM chassis fan header on the board. It’s turning in to a lot of fun this one haha.

Associate
I’ve used a bit of clear 3M tape in between them to try and stop scratching. No idea what ASUS were thinking with that, they could have easily have reduced the size of the cover. Next problem, the GPU is so big it blocks the only PWM chassis fan header on the board. It’s turning in to a lot of fun this one haha.
Splitter from the top CPU OPT fan header is probably easier to get at!

Mad that a 500 quid mobo only comes with 3 PWM fan headers.

Soldato
Splitter from the top CPU OPT fan header is probably easier to get at!

I’ve ordered a pwm hub, just wonder if you can control the CPU OPT independent from the CPU header? I seem to remember on some older board they were linked. Just checked and it’s shared control which isn’t ideal - don’t want the chassis fans spinning up with the CPU cooler.

It’s a very flawed motherboard in a lot of respects, although that was part of the appeal initially haha.

At this point I’m tempted to sell the board and go another route but that’s for another thread…

Last edited:
Soldato

Is this the board you have? Should have a fair few accessible pwm headers according to this, might be a case of plug in and forget though if its being blocked by the gpu.

Associate
So I have this issue where any AAA game I play suffers from really bad stuttering on the latest AMD GPU driver, and the previous one-not rolled back any further.
This is sorted once I DDU and reinstall the Driver, well it is until I boot my Computer up a few days later (I only get the chance to go on it 2-3 times a week).
The stuttery mess returns.
Currently playing Res Evil 4 remake and its unplayable until I delete and reinstall driver. Any one else finding this?.
7900XTX Nitro+.
(Sig below). (I'm on Win 11 64bit now)

Last edited:
Associate
So I have this issue where any AAA game I play suffers from really bad stuttering on the latest AMD GPU driver, and the previous one-not rolled back any further.
This is sorted once I DDU and reinstall the Driver, well it is until I boot my Computer up a few days later (I only get the chance to go on it 2-3 times a week).
Currently playing Res Evil 4 remake and its unplayable until I delete and reinstall driver. Any one else finding this?.
7900XTX Nitro+.
Dodgy psu?

Soldato
Is this the board you have? Should have a fair few accessible pwm headers according to this, might be a case of plug in and forget though if its being blocked by the gpu.

Yup that’s the board but that image is highly misleading. According to the manual there’s only three PWM headers and two of those are shared.

Soldato
Yup that’s the board but that image is highly misleading. According to the manual there’s only three PWM headers and two of those are shared.

Well that sucks! I suppose they don't directly advertise it being all individual and not shared. Still you wouldn't know unless you read the manual.

Associate
7900XTX Nitro+.
i had this problem with my new rx 7900xt ddu drivers/ installed latest drivers /then updated chipset drivers crash after crash /my nephuw had same broblem with his rtx 490 he said to update mother bourd bios was a fix for him ive just updated my bios its fixed all my problems /

Soldato
I dont think I mounted the support bracket right

7900xt.png

Associate
7900XTX Nitro+.
Remove any recently installed software. Check windows update to make sure it has no problems. Update bios to latest. Update chipset drivers to latest. Disconnect network. Update the drivers so ms update does muck anything up. Reconnect network.

Associate
Remove any recently installed software. Check windows update to make sure it has no problems. Update bios to latest. Update chipset drivers to latest. Disconnect network. Update the drivers so ms update does muck anything up. Reconnect network.
Thanks for all the help guys, I will try this.
I am on latest bios and chipset drivers already, someone commented that maybe a dodgy PSU, It is a few years old now but has been rock solid- its a be quiet 1200W and nothing going on to suggest it's failing as once GPU drivers are reinstalled, the problem goes, and I can play for hours with no issues. I am one of those people who always likes to run windows update and CClean before I game and reboot.
Even deleting the %temp% folder before I start. I have also disabled TPM in the bios as after digging around heard about stuttering issues.

Associate
I am on latest bios and chipset drivers already, someone commented that maybe a dodgy PSU, It is a few years old now but has been rock solid- its a be quiet 1200W and nothing going on to suggest it's failing as once GPU drivers are reinstalled, the problem goes, and I can play for hours with no issues. I am one of those people who always likes to run windows update and CClean before I game and reboot.
Even deleting the %temp% folder before I start. I have also disabled TPM in the bios as after digging around heard about stuttering issues.
I had issues with stability of my card and it turned out to be a faulty psu. Swapped it out and it’s been perfect.

Associate
If you have any overclocks it might be worth removing those. I would also disable any windows 10 Xbox and gaming rubbish. Run task manager and check if you have any processes running that are using cpu excessively.

Soldato
RX 7900 XTs (PowerColor) going for $700 in the US now, but only at one retail shop so far.

It's a good sign.

Presumably whatever GPU going into the RX 7800 series cards will cost around $600.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom