• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

A 1600! Bloody hell I can't imagine any set up that might need that much?
I certainly didn’t need it, I was going to buy the PX-1300 but that went out of stock so I bought the PX-1600. I liked the design it just fits with me and no other PSU of quality I liked visually. When I buy I normally just buy the best I can which in this instance overkill PX-1600.

It’s like buying a Bugatti you never going to hit top speed on the roads but just knowing you have that power (pun intended) feels good!!

I certainly didn’t need it, I was going to buy the PX-1300 but that went out of stock so I bought the PX-1600. I liked the design it just fits with me and no other PSU of quality I liked visually. When I buy I normally just buy the best I can which in this instance overkill PX-1600.

It’s like buying a Bugatti you never going to hit top speed on the roads but just knowing you have that power (pun intended) feels good!!

You can also use it to boil water for cups of tea if your kettle breaks! ;⁠-⁠)

VvWK0qi.png
:)
Are you going to be running that 24/7? Also is there Amy advantages to having the min clock at 2800 as opposed to 0?

Are you going to be running that 24/7? Also is there Amy advantages to having the min clock at 2800 as opposed to 0?

Probably yeah the undervolt may need to be adjusted after some time to maintain the clocks but for now it's fine as temps are super low under load, upping the minimum clocks allows the card to maintain a smoother clock in games and fps and benchmarks, keeps the voltages in better margins so they don't drop or go up too much, still need to play around to see what I can run, but what I have hit atm I may not bother tbh

Last edited:

Did you buy the 7900 XTX TUF OC originally? I could've sworn I read a review of yours on another retailer for that GPU.

I'm really liking my TUF OC, think I prefer it ever so slightly to the Nitro+'s I've had too. It's proper bobby big dik chonky.
3uw1U7R.jpg
I would say one for the roll of honour but not sure @Kaapstad is still around anymore. :(

And here's a video of it in action running Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K with Ultra RT and FSR Balanced.

Last edited:
Did you buy the 7900 XTX TUF OC originally? I could've sworn I read a review of yours on another retailer for that GPU.

I'm really liking my TUF OC, think I prefer it ever so slightly to the Nitro+'s I've had too. It's proper bobby big dik chonky.
3uw1U7R.jpg
I would say one for the roll of honour but not sure @Kaapstad is still around anymore. :(

And here's a video of it in action running Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K with Ultra RT and FSR Balanced.
Yep I had the TUF first but the coil whine was insane I went through 3 of them all have the same coil whine which is annoying. I tried the Nitro+ too similar experience now I am on the Aorus 7900 XTX which seems to have the least amount of whine for my setup. I am going to keep it, only thing I haven’t changed is my motherboard to see if that’s an issue with much I don’t think it is.

3uw1U7R.jpg

My word sir that has some girth.

all of the amd cards i've had have been pretty good with whine, the red devil i had was a bit worse but nothing major, latest card seems super quiet under load, same for the 4090 i replaced, tiny bit but nothing bad

Why did you replace it, CoD player?

came to the conclusion i didnt need the raw power, yeah games that worked ran stupidly quick at 4k but others have been a nightmare to get working, i got a good deal on a xtx and block, once installed every game works totally fine with no bugs or hicups, cyberpunk is the only game i've lost fps in but still able to get 90-105fps ultra 4k with the xtx, and my room stays nice and chilly now, the 4090 did pump some heat into my loop, room would get pretty hot after a hour or 2, the xtx is much better so a win win

Every time coil whine has occurred with me, it’s been power supply related. I even had it on a laptop and it was the power brick.
That’s what I thought been through 4 PSU same issue.
I now have a PX-1600 I still get fine coil whine on my Arous XTX but not as bad as before.
Only thing I haven’t changed is the motherboard to test.

came to the conclusion i didnt need the raw power, yeah games that worked ran stupidly quick at 4k but others have been a nightmare to get working, i got a good deal on a xtx and block, once installed every game works totally fine with no bugs or hicups, cyberpunk is the only game i've lost fps in but still able to get 90-105fps ultra 4k with the xtx, and my room stays nice and chilly now, the 4090 did pump some heat into my loop, room would get pretty hot after a hour or 2, the xtx is much better so a win win

Interesting to know the XTX is noticeably cooler. I know the 4090 has a higher rated TDP but others have said they actually run pretty efficiently.

It is odd tbh, the xtx does use more power than the 90, but under load it's substantialy cooler overall, even though both cards are/were on a custom 2*420mm loop, the 90 was efficient I'll give it that, but yeah it would pull 600w on occasion, the xtx sits happily around 360w and spikes rarely upto 420w if really hit it

Last edited:
Really? This is surprising to hear given most people on here have very premium PSUs.
Unfortunately there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. I had a brand new seasonic that screamed like a banshee yet lots of folks on this forum swear by them. I’ve had good luck with evga power supplies for what it’s worth. As the Saying goes your mileage will vary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom