• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
For people running MBA 7900xtx's how have your temps been this summer?

it was one of my initial concerns when I purchased mine back at launch, But I've actually been pleasantly surprised with how well my card has kept within the same kind of temperature range without really throttling, Even though I have not changed the fan curves.

Soldato

it was one of my initial concerns when I purchased mine back at launch, But I've actually been pleasantly surprised with how well my card has kept within the same kind of temperature range without really throttling, Even though I have not changed the fan curves.

been running my new mba xtx under water most of the day, idle temps around 23-26c and load is 38c core and 58c hotspot, super cool and not much coil whine, clocks easy getting into high 2900mhz region and ram at 2600mhz with fast timing, really happy so far XD

Last edited:
Associate
been running my new mba xtx under water most of the day, idle temps around 23-26c and load is 38c core and 58c hotspot, super cool and not much coil whine, clocks easy getting into high 2900mhz region and ram at 2600mhz with fast timing, rreally happy so far XD
Compared to that my MBA XT on air is so hot and that’s also undervolted to 990mv! 79-81C hotspot and core at 57-60C

Last edited:
Soldato
Compared to that my MBA XT on air is so hot and that’s also undervolted to 990mv! 79-81C hotspot and core at 57-60C

been playing around with volatges all day and so far card is at 1099mv, your xt is right on the money if on air your hotspot temp looks hot but anything under 90 is great, your core temp is also pretty low tbh :)

Soldato
I’ve had to raise my voltage to 1010mv as just had my first crash on COD lol. Still same temps though.

1010mv does seem to be a agressive curve but then again all cards are different, golden rule of thumb is find the lowest voltage that is stable across a variaty of games, but as time goes on dont be suprised if you need to up the voltages to maintain stability

Last edited:
Associate
1010mv does seem to be a agressive curve but then again all cards are diffrent, golden rule of thumb is find the lowest voltage that is stable across a variaty of games, but as time goes on dont be suprised if you need to up the voltages to maintain stability
Do gpu cores deteriorate with time needing more voltage to sustain clocks?

Associate

My MBA XTX is also under water and I have never seen the hotspot go over 75C with the core being 10C less than the hotspot. MY water temps are higher with the ambient air temps being hot but that maxs out at 45C , I only have a single 360x60 rad so it has to work hard to dissipate all the heat.

Associate
they will eventually if undervolting the silicone will degrade slightly but not enough to cause problems, cards need to be a grand old age before problems start to happen but at that stage a new gen should be on your shopping list
Oh dear hadn’t realised undervolting degrades cores but as you say it doesn’t really matter!

Associate
been running my new mba xtx under water most of the day, idle temps around 23-26c and load is 38c core and 58c hotspot, super cool and not much coil whine, clocks easy getting into high 2900mhz region and ram at 2600mhz with fast timing, really happy so far XD
Gah I want to get mine under water too, those temps sound lovely.

Soldato
SXIblDg.png

just had a short time in destiny2 and recorded the above, front end clock above 3100mhz, watercooling is the way to go :D

Soldato
Thanks, that voltage is low very impressive.

I would say great but adrenaline says 1099mv but hwinfo says sub 1v so not sure which value is right

EDIT: sub 1v may be right had gpu-z sensor tab open and been seeing between 0.820-0.972v with my settings above, funny how low its reporting when i said 1099mv in the amd software, though when i set 1060mv the card straight crashed, guess voltages were way too low

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom