• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Apologies for interrupting and changing the subject. New owner of a 7900XTX here and unfortunately the coil whine on anything above 70fps is unbearable.
Does anyone had this issue also or am I on my own with this?

Thanks
My 7900 XT Pulse I received the other day has really bad coil whine. Even Remnant 2 at 60 FPS causes loud coil whine. One of the worst cards I've ever had in terms of coil whine.

Time to RMA.

Last edited:
I'm going to give it some more time to see if the coil whine reduces.

I don't expect high-end GPU's to have no coil whine but this is the worst one yet and I've had a Asus TUF 3080 and a 3090 FE before.

I'm going to give it some more time to see if the coil whine reduces.

I don't expect high-end GPU's to have no coil whine but this is the worst one yet and I've had a Asus TUF 3080 and a 3090 FE before.

For me if I can hear it pretty clearly over when the fans kick in its RMA time

I don't get why some would settle for it thats just telling them you can get away with it and it might get them to take notice and try to improve it

When paying this much why should it be lottery?

Last edited:
For me if I can hear it pretty clearly over when the fans kick in its RMA time

I don't get why some would settle for it thats just telling them you can get away with it and it might get them to take notice and try to improve it

When paying this much why should it be lottery?
But it’s bad for ones mental health RMAing every gpu with coil whine… when does the torment end….

But it’s bad for ones mental health RMAing every gpu with coil whine… when does the torment end….

It depends how bad it is if I can hear it over when the fans kick in its getting returned

Replacement much better also had it but mostly gets drowned out when fans kicking in

You just telling them to do nothing if you just start accepting it

How do you use/enable FSR2?

I've tried a couple games on the new card, and can't see an option to enable FSR anywhere.

In contrast, DLSS was always an option to enable in the settings of applicable games.

Last edited:
How do you use/enable FSR2?

I've tried a couple games on the new card, and can't see an option to enable FSR anywhere.

In contrast, DLSS was always an option to enable in the settings of applicable games.
FSR 2/2.1/2/2 can only be enabled in game - if the game supports it.

However, RSR (FSR 1.0) can be enabled in AMD Software and can work with any game. There is a sharpness slider in AMD Software that can be adjusted too.

Read more: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh3-040

Back
Top Bottom