• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Got my Pulse 7900XT after ordering 3pm yesterday. Happy with the free next day delivery for being a forum member, but haven't received Starfield code yet.

First impressions: Much less chunky than my 3080 Strix was, so will easily be able to fit into my NR200 with added bottom fans. It only needs x2 8 pin PCIE which is nice. First card I've owned without RGB but perfect for a workstation/minimalist style build.

Used DDU driver uninstaller then installed Adrenaline software with driver 23.7.2. Loaded up two games Valheim and Hell Let Loose, getting very nice FPS on my 165Hz 1440p monitor.

Haven't had time to benchmark yet but all seems to be working well so far. Card is running cool and quiet, with CPU fans louder than GPU. In regards to the dreaded coil whine, I was very anxious after reading some reports of this being an issue, but happy to report that this has not been noticeable on my Pulse example so far, except one time when my FPS hit 4000+ loading up a game. Will keep an ear open and report back with benchmarks after further testing.

566582b3-4354tdgc685-4453-8588-21a60a61f410-1.jpg

Last edited:
May be of use to... everyone on AMD :p

I don't understand the finding that Nvidia power increased when VRR was enabled though. I'm at VRR 144Hz and power usage at idle is 10-15 watts on a 4090... Whether Gsync is enabled or disabled :p - they do state 4080 though, so maybe the 4090 is an exception.

Last edited:
Quick tip for those with or use VR i've found on my 7900XTX - Always had "high" idle power on the card, around 70-90 watts - even though i'm only connected to a single 60hz 65" TV - Mine was the Virtual desktop agent that runs on startup, as soon as I closed that down, 6-9w :cry::cry::cry:

updated bios 7b and running 6200mhz ddr5 1:1 and small clock tweak to my 7900xtx mba

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/40627997 330 points off my all time high score with amd harware :)
This is my best score with a Nitro with 467W power limit, and I used air con to lower GPU temperatures similar to what could be achieved with a water block too.
Quite an old result, was rocking a 7950X back then too. This score was No1 for many many months worldwide until users figured out how to unlock voltage and power limits using Elmor EVC.

Last edited:
This is my best score with a Nitro with 467W power limit, and I used air con to lower GPU temperatures similar to what could be achieved with a water block too.
Quite an old result, was rocking a 7950X back then too. This score was No1 for many many months worldwide until users figured out how to unlock voltage and power limits using Elmor EVC.

nice i have a bit more to tweak in the gpu, core and memory can be pushed a bit more i recon, checking the run my gpu core is around the mid 2650 and ram is just over 2600, my best run i had memory at 2776 and core was in the mid 2800's, so who knows 28k club maybe?

Back
Top Bottom