• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Ok guys thanks, purchased the Sapphire Pulse 7900XT at £749.99 which replaces my Powercolor 6800 which I bought for £599 from here back in Dec.2020? the 6800 will now go to my son which replaces the Nvidia 2070 I gave him when I got the 6800 and so on. He will be delighted as the 6800 range is still relevent and still being sold new! The 7900xt now becomes the most expensive graphics card I have ever purchased and as I am now retired I expect it will be my last, unless I win the lottery!

Last edited:
Associate
Ok guys thanks, purchased the Sapphire Pulse 7900XT at £749.99 which replaces my Powercolor 6800 which I bought for £599 from here back in Dec.2020? the 6800 will now go to my son which replaces the Nvidia 2070 I gave him when I got the 6800 and so on. He will be delighted as the 6800 range is still relevent and still being sold new! The 7900xt now becomes the most expensive graphics card I have ever purchased and as I am now retired I expect it will be my last, unless I win the lottery!

Great purchase and very pragmatic as anything more is minimal gains. Enjoy it thoroughly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tight squeeze! Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX | Meshify C even had to remove the anti vibration corner covers from the fan.

BZ46g06l.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Greetings,
Does any of you know if your 7900 XTX crashes at default settings in Port Royal (using latest drivers)?

Edit: Time Spy Extreme runs fine, but Port Royal just Crashes.

Soldato
New drivers out finally after over a month, and the high idle power consumption with multimonitor setups remains unfixed, just staying listed as a 'known issue' :mad:
Does anybody know if this has still not been fixed since Vexr posted this back in May?

I have aa Asus TUF OC 7900XTX and even using just dual monitors I'm seeing 100W idle power consumption. The only fix I've found is to drop both monitors to 60Hz so idle power consumption drops to 30w, which is an unacceptable "fix" really.

Soldato
Hi has anyone switched to the xtx from a 4090, when is the 7950xtx launchin

funny you should say, i did, had a 4090 tuf oc and while it was mega fast at 4k when i looked at power readings i was shocked, spikes up around the 650w mark just for the gpu and that was stock too( normally pull mid 500w in games), no overclocking on the core or ram, card ran cool but dumped all its heat into the case and then into my room, many a day i would find my self sweating and wondering why, only to go and get food or a tolet break and relise just how hot my bedroom was getting, i got a sapphire 7900xtx mba instead, popped a waterblock on and the rest is history, very good performance at 4k but way lower heat dump into the room, power spikes can get to around 500w for a split second on the xtx but normally around the 390-410w mark in games.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a quick question, I'm putting together a new pc and I'm going for the 7900 xtx. Which brands do people recommend? I've seen the Sapphire Pulse is down to £900. Am I right in that the card isn't RGB? Gigabyte is £950 and AS Rock is £960. Are the latter two RGB?

From the selection on OCUK, which do you recommend? Any others from the ones mentioned above? I could probably stretch to £1k.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a quick question, I'm putting together a new pc and I'm going for the 7900 xtx. Which brands do people recommend? I've seen the Sapphire Pulse is down to £900. Am I right in that the card isn't RGB? Gigabyte is £950 and AS Rock is £960. Are the latter two RGB?

From the selection on OCUK, which do you recommend? Any others from the ones mentioned above?

all depends if you want a bit of rgb, in that case i'd go for a asrock card, if rgb isnt your thing the pulse is a great buy at £900, other brands are just as good but with 1 theme, they can be 3 slot cards and very tall and long making them a pain to fit in some cases.

Associate
all depends if you want a bit of rgb, in that case i'd go for a asrock card, if rgb isnt your thing the pulse is a great buy at £900, other brands are just as good but with 1 theme, they can be 3 slot cards and very tall and long making them a pain to fit in some cases.
Cheers. My new build is RGB sonid probably prefer an RGB card. Unless the performances differ that outweighs the RGB.

I'll take a look at the Asrock card.

Associate
just make sure to have 3 pcie power cables ready, try not to use a splitter or a pigtail setup as it can sometimes cause weird issues
Will I need to buy those separately? Or will they come with the components that I'm picking up? I've had a build specced up in the general hardware forum which is what I'll be buying later on. Just had the graphics card to sort and then I could look at ordering.

Soldato
Will I need to buy those separately? Or will they come with the components that I'm picking up? I've had a build specced up in the general hardware forum which is what I'll be buying later on. Just had the graphics card to sort and then I could look at ordering.

which psu you got/getting, most high end units (850w) should have seprate cables anyway, but cant hurt to check beforehand

Back
Top Bottom