• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
I currently have only been playing DMZ. It would be fine for day's. Then just crash, it's not temps as they are quite good. I have yet to play Starfield enough for it to crash.
I'd set it back to stock settings and see how it goes. If no crashes after a few days then gradually lower the voltage, testing for a few days each time.

Soldato
Ok guys thanks, purchased the Sapphire Pulse 7900XT at £749.99 which replaces my Powercolor 6800 which I bought for £599 from here back in Dec.2020? the 6800 will now go to my son which replaces the Nvidia 2070 I gave him when I got the 6800 and so on. He will be delighted as the 6800 range is still relevent and still being sold new! The 7900xt now becomes the most expensive graphics card I have ever purchased and as I am now retired I expect it will be my last, unless I win the lottery!
Card came today at about 2.40pm, is installed and working fine with the latest drivers. How long before the Starfield game code arrives anyone know?

Last edited:
Associate
Card came today at about 2.40pm, is installed and working fine with the latest drivers. How long before the Starfield game code arrives anyone know?
There should be a barcode on your invoice, go to AMD Rewards site and enter the number underneath it, run the eligibility tool, then you'll need to link your steam account to redeem it on there.

The 7900xt comes with the premium edition including early access so you'll be able to download/play immediately. Might also want to swing by the Starfield thread (and the starfield modding thread!) in the gaming section for some advice on improving the graphics too :)

Associate
Had a strange driver related issue this morning, first time coming across it with my 7900XT.

Fired up my PC, I always only use my primary monitor for the first few hours of the morning and tend to only switch my second monitor on after a few hours - but as soon as I did everything all went very odd, the second monitor kept flickering and I had an error from Adrenalin that wouldn't let me launch the program and the screen defaulted to 1024x768.

Did a quick restart which didn't fix anything (turn it off and on again...) - so uninstalled the AMD drivers and Adrenalin - then reinstalled and things have been fine since then.

Not sure what I did differently to normal. My main monitor is 1440p 180hz, second monitor is 1080p 240hz (although I run it at 120hz) and up until today I've never had any issues. I had it with my previous 3070 where running both monitors would crank the fans on the GPU and occasionally I'd have to switch the monitor off and on again - but never anything where I've needed to reinstall display drivers.

Has anyone else had anything similar?
Windows update has done this to me several times.

Soldato

My card came today too, around 2pm. I got an email from the retailer shortly after the DPD confirmation of delivery came through, may even have been automated. this wasn't OCUK but via a store on an auction site..

Last edited:
Soldato
You're making me all jealous ! My XTX, and all the other parts is arriving tomorrow.

This will be the first build I will have done myself so I'm definitely feeling the nerves!
I used to love doing big upgrades, spent many an evening geeking out and setting up builds, didn’t build anything for years then my sons both asked for gaming machines over Covid so I built them one each them built myself a rig and got back into gaming again! I’m still waiting for the XTX to come down a bit more in price, I’ve got a 2080ti EVGA with a closed loop water cooler which has been faultless but can’t stop that upgrade itch :)

Associate
I used to love doing big upgrades, spent many an evening geeking out and setting up builds, didn’t build anything for years then my sons both asked for gaming machines over Covid so I built them one each them built myself a rig and got back into gaming again! I’m still waiting for the XTX to come down a bit more in price, I’ve got a 2080ti EVGA with a closed loop water cooler which has been faultless but can’t stop that upgrade itch :)
Yeah I originally was going to upgrade my current machine which was rocking a 2700X and a 2070. The cost of upgrading was going to be about £1200 as I also needed a case, so I decided to just sell mine to my brother and go for a brand new build. My previous build is coming up to 5 years old so it has certainly done me well. Can't wait to get building tonight.

Soldato
Yeah I originally was going to upgrade my current machine which was rocking a 2700X and a 2070. The cost of upgrading was going to be about £1200 as I also needed a case, so I decided to just sell mine to my brother and go for a brand new build. My previous build is coming up to 5 years old so it has certainly done me well. Can't wait to get building tonight.
What did the complete build cost you in the end, if you don’t mind me asking?

Associate
What did the complete build cost you in the end, if you don’t mind me asking?
Not at all, the complete build cost me £2,350.

This is what I got,
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Asus TUF Gaming B650-Plus WIFI
Corsair Vengeance RGB EXPO 32GB (2X16GB) DDR5 PC5-44800C36 5600MHz
Asrock Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB SSD PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
X2 WD Blue SN570 1TB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 Solid State Drive)
Lian Li Lancool III RGB
Corsair RM1000x Shift ATX 3.0 80 Plus Gold
Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Thermalight Peerless Assassin 120 SE

Soldato
Not at all, the complete build cost me £2,350.

This is what I got,
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Asus TUF Gaming B650-Plus WIFI
Corsair Vengeance RGB EXPO 32GB (2X16GB) DDR5 PC5-44800C36 5600MHz
Asrock Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB SSD PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
X2 WD Blue SN570 1TB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 Solid State Drive)
Lian Li Lancool III RGB
Corsair RM1000x Shift ATX 3.0 80 Plus Gold
Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Thermalight Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Wow that is one monster build!!! Enjoy building!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
@Kaapstad When you return, this is for the TROH

Asrock Aqua 7900XTX

AUMVj3d.png

Soldato
I'm in 2 mins on my Gigabyte card, purely due to the insane power draw when idle with 2 screens connected (Up from 5w with one screen to 105w with 2) if I got a USB C to HDMI/USB C Video/DP for the 2nd screen (1440p screen that is used for web, movies, streaming etc.. no games) in theory it should be pretty seamless shouldn't it?

No complaints on the 7990 XTX, it eats every game in 2K on Ultra, not missed a beat yet but my god it gets noisy! :o

Associate
I'm in 2 mins on my Gigabyte card, purely due to the insane power draw when idle with 2 screens connected (Up from 5w with one screen to 105w with 2) if I got a USB C to HDMI/USB C Video/DP for the 2nd screen (1440p screen that is used for web, movies, streaming etc.. no games) in theory it should be pretty seamless shouldn't it?

No complaints on the 7990 XTX, it eats every game in 2K on Ultra, not missed a beat yet but my god it gets noisy! :o
Yep a usb to hdmi would get round the problem. You could under clock your card to get the fans down or alter the fan profile.

Soldato

My 7900XT is nice and quiet now :D

kHuPvzp.jpg

Soldato
Yep a usb to hdmi would get round the problem. You could under clock your card to get the fans down or alter the fan profile.

I'll probably just do that then, the power drawn issue is absolutely ridiculous, how it hasn't been fixed yet is beyond me, but as long as I grab a USB C device capable of 2k @ 60fps should be all good and shouldn't hog system resources & cause any slowdowns really should it?

My 7900XT is nice and quiet now :D

kHuPvzp.jpg

Knowing me i'd drown my card!

Back
Top Bottom