• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
I imagine the starfield offer will be gone by then which I'd like to get too - I may end up just getting a 7800XT instead if the price doesn't drop. Ordering a 7800XT would probably guarantee a price drop...

Yes the end of September like Defy said, I got a copy after getting a 7900xt

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it so much worse on newer generations of cards? I have none on my 2080Ti... Have I just been out of the loop too long and am out with my expectations?
It first become a thing with the gtx 970 iirc there was a long thread about that at the time I had a gtx 1080 that absolutely howled havn't seen or heard it since

Yes the end of September like Defy said, I got a copy after getting a 7900xt
Got mine with a 7800X3D

Last edited:
Associate
So after quite a few hours of Starfield mine was a max of 78c to be fair it is a lot cooler than a few days ago so give it another try. Also make sure you have a well ventilated case.

Yeah since the weather has cooled off a bit my pulse after about 5 hours of Starfield peaked at about 67c. I forget the hotspot temp but I’m fairly sure it was 80/81c or thereabouts. Whisper quiet, I can’t hear it over the case fans. So glad that heatwave is over with, was torture at times trying to play. Roll on winter!

Associate
Are there any shorter 7900xt's that perform well in a silverstone?

Im still using my old FT02 (vertical mounting) and vertical heatpipe's dont work so well. Last i remember, the longer the card is - the more trouble youre asking for because the cooling just doesnt travel up well since its gotta fight against grvity.

Hence, a shorter card is better.

Caporegime

Im still using my old FT02 (vertical mounting) and vertical heatpipe's dont work so well. Last i remember, the longer the card is - the more trouble youre asking for because the cooling just doesnt travel up well since its gotta fight against grvity.

You're only really meant to use blower fan coolers in that tower case, I had one and my 7990 (triple axial fan card) used to overheat in it. If you look through the booklet that came with it there's actually a diagram showing a yes or no for certain cooler versions.

RBIn58A.png

Last edited:
Soldato

A new case is better :p

Associate
My Inno3D 4070ti has suddenly developed an alarming fan rattle. I'm fairly sure it's a failed bearing on the middle fan. I went for a more basic card to hit the the £799 rrp.

Really wanted a 7900xt but AMD's launch pricing was stupid.

While I RMA it, I've orderd a Sapphire 7900xtx Pulse - An actually good card with a good amount of VRAM that I should have bought from the start. Pity AMD wanted to gouge back then. Looking forward to gaming on the xtx.

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve found that my settings for cyber punk don’t work for Starfield. Particularly the undervolt. Instead to reduce power draw during this warm weather I have just lowered the max clock which works very well.

Associate

I’ve got a short MBA which should fit in any case.

Currently in a Lian Li Evo (bought from OCUK 2.5 years ago now!)

gdF75Eu.jpg

Associate

I’ve got a short MBA which should fit in any case.

Currently in a Lian Li Evo (bought from OCUK 2.5 years ago now!)
The 7900XTX MBA cooler doesn't work when vertically mounted. I assume the XT is the same, so it will be no good in an FT02. My 7900XTX Nitro+ works ok in that orientation, but it's massive.

Caporegime
The 7900XTX MBA cooler doesn't work when vertically mounted. I assume the XT is the same, so it will be no good in an FT02. My 7900XTX Nitro+ works ok in that orientation, but it's massive.

Are you not thinking of the faulty half filled vapor chambers not working well in that orientation? That was an issue back in December, don't think its the case now.

Associate
Are you not thinking of the faulty half filled vapor chambers not working well in that orientation? That was an issue back in December, don't think its the case now.
I'm pretty sure mine wasn't one of the faulty ones. It was fine both when oriented normally (fans down) and sideways (PCIe connector down, which I think is where the faulty cards overheated), but overheated when vertical (monitor outputs up).

Back
Top Bottom