• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

My 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+ Card is finally on water :)

Perfect temps and really great hot spot deltas - Max HS my card will see now is in the low 60s to 70c in 4K tested on CoD Shipment for about 2 hours where it really is intensive on the GPU.
I have my settings as follows for 4K @ 120Hz on LGC1 - Its got a lot more head room but HS gets to around 80c for very minimal gains

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaught - Applied a thin layer spread across the whole die and then small dot in the centre and small dots on each chiplets.
Looks like its mounted well as temps are consistent for about a week and getting better with lower ambient temps.

Min/Max Core clock OC 500/2800Mhz
Fast Timings ON Ram OC to 2650Mhz
Stable global undervolt 1100mv
No need for fan profile
Power Limit +10 which gets the board power to about 370watts
GPU Memory temps greatly reduced now sit around 65c on full load
SAM On
Completely Silent operation - 420mm/280mm external rad setup with Be Quite Shadow Wings

For what its worth with the same settings as above I was seeing 80-89c on the stock Sapphire cooler. With GPU memory temps around 82c - Case side panel open and cool air being drawn in.

Watercooling Thread for more pics - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/watercooled-case-gallery.17305236/page-168#post-36661170

7SmTXhh.jpg

Last edited:
Im getting some very strange readings in my metrics tab in the radeon software, was hoping someone might have some insight.

This is my usage during gameplay, in this case Jedi Survivor:

As you can see the utilisation in the AMD software is fluctuating all over the place, but pretty consistent in task manager.

Now here's the screenshot of usage when I'm just browsing etc, no games running or in background:

wtf is going on?? My utilisation according to the amd software is fluctuating between 50%~100% at times, even now as I'm writing this post.

Last edited:
Is over 2700 Mhz on a RX 7900 XT worth it?

My hotspot temps at nearly 90 degrees C if I set the limit to GPU core clock limit to 2800 Mhz.

About 84 Celsius at 2700 Mhz, with the voltage limited to 88%. I seem to be getting better results with newer drivers (guess I'll see if it's stable).

Maybe 2800 Mhz is a good idea if you have a golden sample that is stable at lower voltages? Because the clock speeds are heavily affected by voltage.

Last edited:
Dunno if it's worth it to you or not, you would need to test at both speeds and come to a conclusion. :‐)
I run my Pulse XT at 500-2850mhz core with 1050mV and power limit at 0%. Not sure how hat compares to lower speeds as my card has always ran that way

The card I've sent back under dsr... Just been sent starfield code, is there any risk to redeeming in terms of my refund?

The retailer aren't even on the list (I don't think, let's just say I am *Very* surprised...) .. So I wasn't even expecting one

Last edited:
The card I've sent back under dsr... Just been sent starfield code, is there any risk to redeeming in terms of my refund?

The retailer aren't even on the list (I don't think, let's just say I am *Very* surprised...) .. So I wasn't even expecting one
You likely won’t be able to redeem it as it has to use the AMD verification software (that you have to download to your PC) in order to actually send you the game code. Maybe worth giving it a go but I’m not sure I would expect it to work.

You likely won’t be able to redeem it as it has to use the AMD verification software (that you have to download to your PC) in order to actually send you the game code. Maybe worth giving it a go but I’m not sure I would expect it to work.
I have qualifying hardware :p I'll try and redeem it today, just don't want the retailer to somehow be like you redeemed a code so we're taking the £59.99rrp or whatever off your refund.

Last edited:
Guys quick question,

About to buy a 7900xtx, upgrading from my 6900xt toxic limited edition.

So far it's between the Red Devil OC and the Sapphire Nitro, any preferred option between these two? Or some other suggestion.

Cheers

Yup I went from a 12700k to a s/h 13700k and it was a great switch, overclock went from 5.1Ghz-to-5.7Ghz too so that was a nice allround boost for the sake of about £80!
Lovely bud that's great to hear!, did you upgrade the motherboard or stay on Z690?
I've decided to stay at least for a little while and upgrade next year I think.

Looking forward to the upgrades though, I've loved this 6900xt, it's run everything I've throw at it as long as RT wasn't on, hoping the 7900xtx will be a nice jump.

Back
Top Bottom