• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Little play this afternoon before work, currently trying to find a max OC on the gpu.

Settings are
Core 2700 min
Core 3200 max

Memory
Fast timings

PL +15

Voltage 1065mv

Matt anyone else for that matter know if there's some tricks or tips I need to know?

Soldato
Little play this afternoon before work, currently trying to find a max OC on the gpu.

Settings are
Core 2700 min
Core 3200 max

Memory
Fast timings

PL +15

Voltage 1065mv

Matt anyone else for that matter know if there's some tricks or tips I need to know?
Minimum core needs to be set to 500, don't ask me why but the reason behind it is further back in the thread.

Soldato
Quick little go at TS

Nitro 7900XTX @2887/2722
13700KF @5,625 MHz
Driver 23.9.2

GPU Score :33 608
CPU Score :18 817
Overall Score :30 063

CPU i've let the AI overclock just have a go before i try myself, still loads more in that.

GPU was set to :
3300 MAX
500 MIN
1060mv
Memory 2750 (Default timings) Does fast make any difference?

@LtMatt any pointers bud feel free to send them my way ;)

So far i'm very impressed with the gpu, plays Starfield with the above settings without issue.

Soldato
Was thinking of doing a full AMD SFF build in a Fractal Terra, unfortunately it seems like only XTX that'll fit is the Pulse, is it still a solid choice ? Ideally I'd of liked the Nitro+ with how prices are now

Caporegime
Was thinking of doing a full AMD SFF build in a Fractal Terra, unfortunately it seems like only XTX that'll fit is the Pulse, is it still a solid choice ? Ideally I'd of liked the Nitro+ with how prices are now
Pulse is a great choice, had one before I switched to the TUF and tbh the temps aren't much different at the same sound level. Recommended!

hux

hux

Soldato
Just curious guys, rather than upgrade my whole pc I was thinking of getting a 7900xtx and grabbing a 6950x for my x99 board as it seems to hold up very well.

Do you think this is a good route to go, I'll save the motherboard upgrades for later down the line as I'm currently using a [email protected]
Current card is an inno 3d 980ti hybrid, so certainly starting to show it's age.

Last edited:
Soldato
How does a 7900xtx compare to my Nvidia 1080 on a 1440p monitor. I'm doing a full upgrade and I would be swapping my Intel 6700k for a 7800x3d.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just curious guys, rather than upgrade my whole pc I was thinking of getting a 7900xtx and grabbing a 6950x for my x99 board as it seems to hold up very well.

Do you think this is a good route to go, I'll save the motherboard upgrades for later down the line as I'm currently using a [email protected]
Current card is an inno 3d 980ti hybrid, so certainly starting to show it's age.
Bottleneck City, but worth a try.

Reactions: hux
Soldato
I'll be playing on a 1440p monitor so I should be expecting good performance then?
I play at 1440P Ultrawide with a 7900xtx and 7800x3d, no game seems to trouble the system.

I'm playing Starfield with HYPR-RX and it's sitting 70-80 FPS but I'm sure if you play around with settings you could dramatically increase that, I'm just lazy. I don't think it's even got a HYPR-RX profile for starfield yet lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I play at 1440P Ultrawide with a 7900xtx and 7800x3d, no game seems to trouble the system.

I'm playing Starfield with HYPR-RX and it's sitting 70-80 FPS but I'm sure if you play around with settings you could dramatically increase that, I'm just lazy. I don't think it's even got a HYPR-RX profile for starfield yet lol
Any issues with card. That's only thing holding me back is driver issues. I want a card that I just plug in and play and update drivers when they come out. My Nvidia cards have been flawless so I want the same with AMD.

Associate
Any issues with card. That's only thing holding me back is driver issues. I want a card that I just plug in and play and update drivers when they come out. My Nvidia cards have been flawless so I want the same with AMD.
Drivers are rock solid. Avoid the MBA 7900xtx as the early ones had a manufacturing fault. Apart from that it’s all good.

Soldato
Sapphire are in my opinion the best AMD board partner. The pulse is a good card, plenty of peeps have them on this board. The nitro plus is as Del Boy would say the crème da monff.
Read up on it but don't think it's aimed towards someone who doesn't overclock or use RGB.

Back
Top Bottom