• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Do you mean your descrete GPU (7900XTX) and APU (CPU onboard)? It shouldn't cause an issue but I personally would just disable th APU in BIOS
Yes I do mean that. The Apu I don't think really fires up it seems to recognise that my 7900xtx is the main GPU. Good to know I can disable it if needed.

Soldato
My new baby, these things are huge:

7900-XT-OCUK.jpg

Soldato
Quick question or two....

I'm going to repaste my sapphire 7900xt MBA tomorrow and just wondering going into it, is there any warranty labels or stickers on any of the screws?

Repasted a 1070 and R290 back in the day so not my first rodeo but not exactly routine either. Do people generally replace the thermal pads on the vram and mosfets aswell?

Load temps on the hot-spot on my card can reach 95-98c in a pretty well ventilated case (undervolted to 1050mv +15 power limit) and fans 100% on the card.

If I can get that hot-spot to about 90c tops and drop the fan speed a touch I'm happy with that. To be fair the card is that fast I'll probably just run the power limit at +10 after a repaste just to reduce noise.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Quick question or two....

I'm going to repaste my sapphire 7900xt MBA tomorrow and just wondering going into it, is there any warranty labels or stickers on any of the screws?

Repasted a 1070 and R290 back in the day so not my first rodeo but not exactly routine either. Do people generally replace the thermal pads on the vram and mosfets aswell?

Load temps on the hot-spot on my card can reach 95-98c in a pretty well ventilated case (undervolted to 1050mv +15 power limit) and fans 100% on the card.

If I can get that hot-spot to about 90c tops and drop the fan speed a touch I'm happy with that. To be fair the card is that fast I'll probably just run the power limit at +10 after a repaste just to reduce noise.

Cheers :)

There might well be warranty stickers on the screws at the back around the gpu x clamp that say 'warranty void if removed'. They don't bother with this in the u.s. anymore as its not enforceable there, but pretty sure everywhere else get them. :(

PM71fJM.png

That's the back of a 6950xt and you can see the sticker on the top right hand screw.

Last edited:
Associate
had a bee in my bonnet about buying an 7900 xtx once i had a 7900 xt so have bought one of the msi ones, will see how much faster it is than the pulse 7900 xt, going to put the 7900 xt in my other pc.

Soldato
Had to update the graphics drivers for the first time. I installed the amd driver remover and ran that to remove everything. Then I installed the latest drivers. Is that the correct way to do it, it's all working

Associate
Hi all, on a separate note I’ve been offered a MSI gaming classic XTX for a trade with my 4070 Ti (I paid £680 iirc ) + £130. I play at 4k 60 - is it worth it? The Ti does a great job but does struggle at times in resident evil 4 maxed out and far cry 6 where I’ve seen the XTX exceed 100fps

Associate
What’s your thoughts on this? Got someone prepared to swap my 4070 Ti +130 for this. His is brand new like mine. Temps good? My Ti is practically silent so would like this to be quiet.

Not had a great deal of time with it yet. Initial impressions are its very quiet but defintly not silent. I played cyberpunk for an hour last night and it never went above 70. My case is NZXT elite which isint the best for airflow anyway.

Associate
Lately my 7900 XT MBA junction temp went pretty bad. When i bought the card it maxed out with +15% PL(80% fans) 86C and now few weeks ago i noticed i can go up to 108C with +15PL and 98C with stock PL, in Time Spy...
So i decided to replace thermal paste, i used PTM7950 and also i put 1,5mm Gelid Extreme thermal pads on VRAM chips.
After that my VRAM temp stayed the same(max 88-90C), but junction temp improved only 5-10C, which is still a lot worse that it was at the beginning when i bought the card...
Any opinions why junction went so much worse, even after repasting? (Fans are working fine visually, no dust on GPU, looks like new.)
Wasn't sure how tight GPU bracket screws should be, i tightened them to max.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom