• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Didn't realise the prices had gone up since I bought mine, I bought my XTX at £899 which I don't think was even the lowest its been on here? Now it's £960! So yeah I take it back, I'd go XT if I were buying now, or wait till after the new year for any more price drops?
Prices have sadly regressed. I paid £930 for my XTX Pulse, which I thought was 'Acceptable'. I think they were down to £899 just before that. I'm sure the 7900XT's were as low as £700 for a bit, too.
Cards are looking poor value again. If I weren't in a rush, I'd probably hold on in the hope that better exchange rates could bring them down again. No garantees though - they might get even worse.

Associate
Didn't realise the prices had gone up since I bought mine, I bought my XTX at £899 which I don't think was even the lowest its been on here? Now it's £960! So yeah I take it back, I'd go XT if I were buying now, or wait till after the new year for any more price drops?
Ready to be discounted on black friday

Associate
Ready to be discounted on black friday

Agree, prices have gone back up ready for Black Friday, I'm looking to buy a 7800X3D and a motherboard on Black Friday to finish my sons Christmas/birthday PC.

I bought my XTX the week it came out and I was after a specific XTX, I also bought a £700 XT. Their was £500 difference in price between them and I got a copy of Starfield with the XT :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Prices have sadly regressed. I paid £930 for my XTX Pulse, which I thought was 'Acceptable'. I think they were down to £899 just before that. I'm sure the 7900XT's were as low as £700 for a bit, too.
Cards are looking poor value again. If I weren't in a rush, I'd probably hold on in the hope that better exchange rates could bring them down again. No garantees though - they might get even worse.

It's not that they're bad value it's just they have to put the prices up so they can pretend we're getting a good deal on black Friday

Associate
Hoping to pickup a 7900 xtx when the Black Friday deals are on to replace my 2080ti. Can't believe how powerful the 2080ti felt when I got it but then, I can believe it was nearly 5 years ago! Where does time go!?

Soldato
Hoping to pickup a 7900 xtx when the Black Friday deals are on to replace my 2080ti. Can't believe how powerful the 2080ti felt when I got it but then, I can believe it was nearly 5 years ago! Where does time go!?
Your going to see a big jump, I went from a evga 1080 hybrid to my sapphire nitro 7900xtx and it was a huge jump, my frames literally jumped to a extra 100fps in the games I play.

Last edited:
Associate
Stock Adrenaline settings.

0FUNNut.png

Associate
Whilst I won't say the Nitro is the best, I will say from using it here, that I have actually undervolted it (from 1150mv defaults) to 1090mv and also set the Power Limit to -10, with a 3100 Core and 2714 (2700) Fast Memory setting.

A very sturdy card (bracket and huge heatsink) capable of going fast if you want to heavily overclock it and have cooling go all out, or go ultra silent if you reduce it's power settings and let the heatsink soak it and dissipate it from GPU fans (even better if your case fans are silent and moving lots of air too).

Any reason the mba doesn’t get much love? (It’s got rgb too!)

From what I understand, they're great too. But they don't have anything remotely like what the Nitro has if you want to go silent, heavy on power, or anywhere in between. If you just want the GPU, it's perfectly fine to get also.

Back
Top Bottom