• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Probably so quiet as it's bouncing off the limiter and only utilising 70/80% of usage :D
Sorry you saying it's being under used for 1440p, is it really a 4k card, I didn't think it was good enough for that.

Random question then, all my games I've tried I'm hitting between 132-135 FPS on a 144hz monitor at max settings minus ray tracing to off. Why am I getting that number specifically and not reaching 144? No issue with the numbers it's just funny seeing all my games stick at those figures.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry you saying it's being under used for 1440p, is it really a 4k card, I didn't think it was good enough for that.

Random question then, all my games I've tried I'm hitting between 132-135 FPS on a 144hz monitor at max settings minus ray tracing to off. Why am I getting that number specifically and not reaching 144? No issue with the numbers it's just funny seeing all my games stick at those figures.
It obviously depends on the game. At 4k, you can probably get 600fps playing Valorant or CS, you're going to struggle to get above 60fps playing Cities Skylines 2.

I'd probably say that with a 32" monitor you'd prefer 4k over 1440p. I've found anything above 27" for 1440p to be a bit the lower PPI side, a bit like playing 1080p on a 27" panel.

Associate
Received today Sapphire PULSE RX7900XT

Purchased from:

Upgraded from Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT (ran lovely, a little hot, but manageable for 3 years)

Now getting green screen freeze crash with fans spinning to max (38*C) when
- going into Adrenaline and trying to see "Settings" under the "Record & Stream"
- running stress test from Adrenaline - Performance - Tuning
- trying to run any game in any resolution - instant green screen freeze

I have upgraded my M/B bios (B550M DS3H to F18c)
Updated the M/B chipset drivers
Uninstalled AMD drivers using "amdcleanuputility.exe"
Installed latest driver from AMD site "whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.11.1-win10-win11-nov3-rdna.exe"

Win 10 22H2
M/B = B550M DS3H v1.0
PSU = 850W ATX
CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM = 64Gb
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.22023.1014

Might anyone have any sensible recommendations to try before I get an RMA?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
Received today Sapphire PULSE RX7900XT

Purchased from:

Upgraded from Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT (ran lovely, a little hot, but manageable for 3 years)

Now getting green screen freeze crash with fans spinning to max (38*C) when
- going into Adrenaline and trying to see "Settings" under the "Record & Stream"
- running stress test from Adrenaline - Performance - Tuning
- trying to run any game in any resolution - instant green screen freeze

I have upgraded my M/B bios (B550M DS3H to F18c)
Updated the M/B chipset drivers
Uninstalled AMD drivers using "amdcleanuputility.exe"
Installed latest driver from AMD site "whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.11.1-win10-win11-nov3-rdna.exe"

Win 10 22H2
M/B = B550M DS3H v1.0
PSU = 850W ATX
CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM = 64Gb
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.22023.1014

Might anyone have any sensible recommendations to try before I get an RMA?

Thanks in advance
Try a different cable and or different ports on the monitor and card. If it still does it try a different slot. Use different pcie power cables don’t daisy chain. Put your old card back and if ok RMA the new card.

Last edited:
Associate
I am looking for some advice I seen the XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 310 AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Black Edition & XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 310 AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Black Edition on a very good offer with some extra cashback if tracked.

I see a few reviews online seems to be an OK card.

is anyone else using this card?

I have not used this brand before and I believe it has very limited customer support in Europe.

Mu current GPU is a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro + with 1440p monitor and it starting to show it age now and I am thinking next year I moving to a new 32" 4k monitor with higher screen refresh rates 240Hz.

I should be OK with RX 7900 XT which is £160 cheaper if I stay gaming on the my old 32” monitor but the RX 7900 XTX would be better moving up to 4K, I normally play first player games.

Thanks Simon

Last edited:
Associate
I am looking for some advice I seen the XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 310 AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Black Edition & XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 310 AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Black Edition on a very good offer with some extra cashback if tracked.

I have not used this brand before and I believe it has very limited customer support in Europe.

Mu current GPU is a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro + with 1440p monitor and it starting to show it age now and I am thinking next year I moving to a new 32" 4k monitor with higher screen refresh rates 240Hz.

I should be OK with RX 7900 XT which is £160 cheaper if I stay gaming on the my old 32” monitor but the RX 7900 XTX would be better moving up to 4K, I normally play first player games.

Thanks Simon
I ended up getting the XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 7900 XTX, the GPU and hotspot temps are really good and the card is near silent in my case, no coil whine. I can't say for warranty as never had to deal with XFX. I would recommend the card, it's reviewed better than all the other alternatives at the price point. Couldn't justify the extra 250 for the nitro.

Associate
Sold my 4090 and looking at 7900xtx. Having a hard time on deciding the one to choose, out of the two is the Nitro worth the £130 premium?

- Asrock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC
- Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X

By all accounts the Sapphire Nitro+ is the best 7900XTX.

It’s what I’d go for if I was buying one.

Last edited:
Soldato

Thanks Simon
I just bought one, not installed yet. This thing is massive though, with the Z bar its like 400mm long so be aware of case choice.

Associate

Thanks Simon
I have had a serious look at this as it's £200+ cheaper than the Nitro+. I'm severely tempted to get one in as the Nitro's have risen in price this past week.

Associate
I ended up getting the XFX SPEEDSTER MERC 7900 XTX, the GPU and hotspot temps are really good and the card is near silent in my case, no coil whine. I can't say for warranty as never had to deal with XFX. I would recommend the card, it's reviewed better than all the other alternatives at the price point. Couldn't justify the extra 250 for the nitro.

That good to know that people are buying them, the price point in the Black Friday sale is very good and if I can get the 8.5% cashback make it a great deal and it comes with the AMD game as well. I check out the warranty it is 2 years and you need to deal directly with the retailer.

AidenPert what bios are you running on your card any under voltage settings?

I would love the Sapphire Nitro+ but I finding it hard to justify the extra £250+ for that card with no real performance increase over any other RX 7900 XTX

Associate
You won't go wrong with the XFX 7900XTX Merc 310 Black, had mine a year now and it's been excellent. The build quality of these cards is equal to any Sapphire card, personally I think it's better and I would pick an XFX Black card over any other make. This is my second XFX Black card, my first was a 6800xt and after that card I said I would go XFX Black if I had the choice.

I built a PC for my son this weekend, using a Sapphire pulse 7900xt and the build quality is definitely not any better. I also thought the GPU support bracket that came with the pulse, was not as good as XFX's one. The Pulse also uses the same bracket as the Nitro.

Associate
You won't go wrong with the XFX 7900XTX Merc 310 Black, had mine a year now and it's been excellent. The build quality of these cards is equal to any Sapphire card, personally I think it's better and I would pick an XFX Black card over any other make. This is my second XFX Black card, my first was a 6800xt and after that card I said I would go XFX Black if I had the choice.

I built a PC for my son this weekend, using a Sapphire pulse 7900xt and the build quality is definitely not any better. I also thought the GPU support bracket that came with the pulse, was not as good as XFX's one. The Pulse also uses the same bracket as the Nitro.
Thanks I just purchase the card and TopCashback (£62) is tracking as well and used a credit card that I get cashback (1%) as well, great deal with next day delivery.

What bios are you running on your card any under voltage settings for overclocking?

Last edited:
Associate
wouldnt touch an xfx card with a barge pole, had a few problem a few years back(10 or so actually) with a card, so rmad it to them, they wouldnt give me an alternative card, only offered a third of the value. not sure they understand what warranty means legally... hopefully its changed now but that put me off xfx

Last edited:
Soldato
In my recent search I've literally found the 'won't buy' comments about every brand out there due to warranty issue. Asus seem to have the worst rep of all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom