• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
I upgraded my 2080ti to a 7900XTX and I have noticed a huge difference in performance so I can only imagine the increase you are seeing :)
Wow, now THAT'S an upgrade!
Fair play being able to leave an upgrade that long. I had a big increase from my 6700k and Nvidia 1080 to my new 7800x3d and 7900xtx it's also my first Amd build and I have no regrets.

I've had more time with my system since building it and it's been rock solid. It's my first all AMD build (7800X3D/7900XT) for a long time. The performance is fantastic.

I was going to upgrade/build another rig a couple of years ago, but prices for GPU's were even crazier at that time. Components could still be cheaper, but i'm happy the system and the amount i paid.

Last edited:
Soldato
I upgraded my 2080ti to a 7900XTX and I have noticed a huge difference in performance so I can only imagine the increase you are seeing :)

Yeah the 1080 was really showing it's age, to the point where I was being put off gaming because the performance was getting pretty poor! It's a huge difference, allowing me to play at 1440p ultra, and handles 4K superbly well too, which is ace as I run flightsim on a big TV for immersion.

Associate
Yeah the 1080 was really showing it's age, to the point where I was being put off gaming because the performance was getting pretty poor! It's a huge difference, allowing me to play at 1440p ultra, and handles 4K superbly well too, which is ace as I run flightsim on a big TV for immersion.
Honestly, as much as it pains me to say it, the 2080ti was feeling the same way for me and having to cut back the settings on games to hit my native refresh rate on my 1440p kind of sucked!

Soldato
The sapphire nitro Vapor 7900 has some serious coil whine hoping will die in time

At 200fps average 110fps @ 3440x1440 maxed on rdr2
No upscaling

Pulling 420w was running at 62c with 900rpm fans on gpu

My 3090 at 368w was running 81c

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all I have an issue with system performance and not sure why. Nothing has changed in my system.

7900XT, 5800X3D. Was previously getting Timespy benchmark score over 23k, now Im getting less than half that at 10k.

Ive checked all my settings and nothing appears to be different. Not used the PC for a month or so as was decorating the room so its just been switched off.

dYveyTZ.png

It appears from the stats that the GPU isn't clocking up to its max - average reported is only 1200MHz compared to previous runs at 2400MHz.

Here's my old result https://www.3dmark.com/spy/40424480
Here's today's result https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/104540862?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all I have an issue with system performance and not sure why. Nothing has changed in my system.

7900XT, 5800X3D. Was previously getting Timespy benchmark score over 23k, now Im getting less than half that at 10k.

Ive checked all my settings and nothing appears to be different. Not used the PC for a month or so as was decorating the room so its just been switched off.

dYveyTZ.png

It appears from the stats that the GPU isn't clocking up to its max - average reported is only 1200MHz compared to previous runs at 2400MHz.
Check the drivers. Make sure any type of vsync is off. Radeon chill needs to be off. Check your tuning profiles to make sure there is nothing going on in there.

Soldato
Check the drivers. Make sure any type of vsync is off. Radeon chill needs to be off. Check your tuning profiles to make sure there is nothing going on in there.
I ran the test earlier, got the 10k score, then updated to latest drivers, still getting 10k score.

I have turned off freesync in the Radeon software that I can see, but running the benchmark it appears to be locking to 60FPS.

Back
Top Bottom