• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Your cpu will bottleneck it a fair bit though, when you have it all running well consider slotting in a 5800X3D at some point and you're set for 4/5yrs+ :)

Then upgrade your ram when it becomes a limiting factor and you're sorted.
I’m planning to get a 7800x 3d & B650 with faster ram , any suggestions on tuning the 7900 XXX, it arrived today (who hoo) , all working, at first it was capped at 60fps, then realised I chose eco in Adrenalin, switched that to quality and fur mark result was a bit more realistic with 15254 & max core temp of 69c. I’ll start sifting through the forum for safe settings, I’m not interested in OC, it’s gonna be a huge improvement anyways :)

Soldato
I’m planning to get a 7800x 3d & B650 with faster ram , any suggestions on tuning the 7900 XXX, it arrived today (who hoo) , all working, at first it was capped at 60fps, then realised I chose eco in Adrenalin, switched that to quality and fur mark result was a bit more realistic with 15254 & max core temp of 69c. I’ll start sifting through the forum for safe settings, I’m not interested in OC, it’s gonna be a huge improvement anyways :)

Honestly I just left mine at stock aside from disabling Zero RPM fan mode in the driver and also disabling ULPM, Ultra low power mode, Through Afterburner as I found now and then I'd get weird stutters when the clocks dipped too low to save power.

Be careful though as it will trigger a Windows security feature and ask you for your account password to log back in to Windows.

Caporegime
Zen 5 is due in July, worth hanging on imo.

Associate
Thanks Dicehunter & JediFragger that’s great help & good point to hang on for Zen 5, I saw there will be no x3d chip at release but might as well wait as prices may drop even further.

Associate
Hi all, just purchased myself a RX 7900 XT (XFX Speedster Merc 310), which is exciting as the last AMD (ATI) card I owned was a Radeon HD 4800 1GB :eek:

Couldn't really wait until the new cards are released as just built myself a new pc and the GPU was the last piece of the jigsaw. Spent a while deliberating over which card to go for, then found this 7900 XT for £600, so thought even though it may lack in RT etc, it was too good to pass up. Looking forward to testing it out, just wondering if anyone has used or uses one with an LG OLED and if so know any settings for it? I've looked around but most of the guides and YT vids are about 4 years old.

Associate
Hi all, just purchased myself a RX 7900 XT (XFX Speedster Merc 310), which is exciting as the last AMD (ATI) card I owned was a Radeon HD 4800 1GB :eek:

Couldn't really wait until the new cards are released as just built myself a new pc and the GPU was the last piece of the jigsaw. Spent a while deliberating over which card to go for, then found this 7900 XT for £600, so thought even though it may lack in RT etc, it was too good to pass up. Looking forward to testing it out, just wondering if anyone has used or uses one with an LG OLED and if so know any settings for it? I've looked around but most of the guides and YT vids are about 4 years old.
My advice would be get decent hdmi cable.

Associate
Here is an underclock that I use for World of Warships it can do 140fps. I set the FPS to 100 which is more than enough.
Max Frequency 2200 / Min Freq 500 / Voltage 1125 / Power limit -10. Vram tuning disabled.
You could tweak these settings to see how you get on I suspect the Voltage could go down a tad if needed.

Associate
So card all in, had issue with windows not booting when card was first installed, would only do it if integrated gfx wasn’t disabled, but seems to have rectified itself now.

Just wondering for those with XFX cards, have you used the Z-Bar support bracket that comes with it and if so does the card still sag?

Associate
So card all in, had issue with windows not booting when card was first installed, would only do it if integrated gfx wasn’t disabled, but seems to have rectified itself now.

Just wondering for those with XFX cards, have you used the Z-Bar support bracket that comes with it and if so does the card still sag?
Overclockers have not sold xfx for years. Which might be why nobody has answered your question usually we are a helpful lot.

Associate

I got my XFX card a month after the 7900xtx came out and have used the Z-Bar support bracket, the card looks fine and no sag.

Caporegime
It's great to have an up to date XTX review to see how the card is doing generally against the competition;

Associate
It’s sagging, get a GPU support bracket. Happens with a lot of GPU’s these days due to size, weight etc.
Agree. It looks like you can see the PCIe slot slowly become more visible the more to the right we look (above the GPU). So there's a fair amount of pressure pulling down on the right there that'll over time cause problems for the PCIe slot if a support bracket of some kind isn't used.

Associate
Not just me then :cry: the Z-Bar is supposed to stop that, useless. Will have to have a look for some sort of support, problem I can't use anything that fits on the bottom of the case and holds it up as there are 3 fans there. So will have to go with one that attaches where the rear PCI blanking plates are. Even tempted to look at vertical mount bracket.

Last edited:
Associate
Looking more closely at your pic, it does look like that the z-bar bracket is not entirely flush mount at the PCI blanking plate area (can see some light edging down a line on the top section by the screw), so it's fitted at an angle, which doesn't help the GPU sag, as any sag will follow the angle that the bracket has been allowed to deviate by.

If you have some time, try getting the bracket flush to the back of the case first to prevent it from having an angle that allows it to be horizontally descending. If it works, you won't need to get a new bracket.

However, I will note that these cards are often so large and heavy that even just the one bracket support may not be enough. I myself, on my Nitro+ 7900XTX use the bracket provided as well as the motherboard GPU support bracket too, this means my GPU is supported not just from one angle, but on both sides, so when it's level, it stays level.

Associate
lay the pc flat on its back then loosen the gpu screws and the suport bracket push the gpu and suport bracket so thay are both leval then re tighten all screws

Soldato
It's great to have an up to date XTX review to see how the card is doing generally against the competition;

Yeah, not going to say aged like fine wine, and the games choice definately seems AMD positive in general, but the 7900XTX generally beating the 4080/4080 Super is nice to see, especially given the relative price discrepency for so long, really was £200-400 for better RT and DLSS and slightly worse average performance raster. The RT performance at 4070 Super levels whilst underwhelming is also not as unusable as some would have you think, albeit RT is more prominent now than it was. Hell, the cheaper 7900XT seems to be right on top of the 4080 nowadays.

Either way, if you got a decent price for the AMD, and don't care about DLSS/RT, then the card is doing really well now it's had some additional time in the oven, and that matches the experience I've had with my wife's Nitro 7900XT going from her older 3080 10GB.
The Nitro being faster than the standard 7900XT, and her running a 3840x1600 display means she's sitting in the middle of QHD and 4K, and she's seeing anywhere from 30-50% average performance increase over the 3080, with many games becoming CONSIDERABLY smoother, especially as she is running 144/160Hz. The card is essentially bruteforcing its way to run as fast as the 3080 was with good quality DLSS, but natively and doing it very quietly (and much cooler than the 3080) also. A very overbuilt card the Nitro, but makes the old 3080 feel cheap!

Only game she's had any driver issues with also has been Fallout New Vegas recently (so very old); and a hotfix is coming for that shortly, and its resolved temporarily with a replacement DX9 .dll as seems the included version with the game doesn't play nice with recent AMD drivers, in other words; no major issues at all, especially as the one bug she has had is being resolved; and she plays a massive variety of games. I used to get asked to come help her get games running nicely more with the old 3080 compared to the 7900XT which is ironic!

If the cards had performed like this in opening reviews, especially with the pricing back then of the 4070/4070TI being rather close, and the 4080/4090 WAY higher, I'd guess it may well have sold and reviewed considerably better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom