• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Could just be me as never owned a card this big, just seemed to be a slight droop on the rear. But all works as seems solid enough, it's not moving about.

upload pic

Thats quite the sag I often wonder if its an issue with the backpanel on the case distorting under the weight or the PCB on the card, maybe both either way I've had no issues with either the 3090FE or the Sapphire 7900XTX

Last edited:
Yeah think I’m going to have a go at reseating it this weekend see if makes any difference.

I don’t think the z-bar isn’t helping things, as you have to fit a small metal plate under where the bar screws into the back panels, but unless you want a gaping hole you have to fit the blanking plates under as well, so I wonder if it’s just not tightened down enough.

Either way I’ve ordered a Lian-Li GB002 GPU holder from OCUK so will see if that will helps.

Urgh just had my first AMD driver shenanigans.

Installed the latest driver through the software as normal. But noted when I went to restart me PC it came up with something is still trying to close, cannot remember what is was, but it eventually shut down anyway, that was yesterday morning.

Anyway, booted PC up this morning, seemed fine checked a couple of youtube videos, went to start minecraft and blank screen, PC shuts down. Tried a few different games, all the same thing, re-installed driver, didnt work, eventually completely removed it from windows, the used the factory reset thin on the AMD installed and it seem for now...to be working.

A bit odd though.

I did note though over the last few months windows would sometimes show a diaglog box on start up about hardware configuration changing and restart your PC for it to take effect, even in between driver upgrades which is a little odd.

We'll see although I am not fully convinved this is the end of it.

Last edited:
I find that when I do a driver update I download the drivers first. Check Microsoft update is not up to anything. Unplug the network cable and do a reboot. Then update the drivers. Not had any problems for years.

I find that when I do a driver update I download the drivers first. Check Microsoft update is not up to anything. Unplug the network cable and do a reboot. Then update the drivers. Not had any problems for years.
No need to unplug anything if you run WUB to disable all MS software updates, then re-enable updates after your softwares installed.

been giving my xtx a good look over as it developed symtoms of constant crashing and pc restarts under any kind of 3d load, pictured from the back of the card above the pcie connection i noticed a tiny surface component has been partially broken off.

just checked online they are ac decoupling capacitors, by the looks i've lost 1 of the 16 pairs that run along the connector.

UN710Va.jpg

NZcVsFr.jpg

not sure how this happened as i'm super careful when it comes to hardware, end of the day it costs a lot.

Last edited:
been giving my xtx a good look over as it developed symtoms of constant crashing and pc restarts under any kind of 3d load, pictured from the back of the card above the pcie connection i noticed a tiny surface component has been partially broken off.

just checked online they are ac decoupling capacitors, by the looks i've lost 1 of the 16 pairs that run along the connector.

UN710Va.jpg

NZcVsFr.jpg

not sure how this happened as i'm super careful when it comes to hardware, end of the day it costs a lot.
If you can't get this sorted under warranty it looks quite and easy repair for someone who has the patience. Didn't Vince used to do this type of thing? If it was mine I might be tempted to try it myself. I bet you can find someone online who will fix for not much money.

Could just be me as never owned a card this big, just seemed to be a slight droop on the rear. But all works as seems solid enough, it's not moving about.

upload pic

Could always use something like this:

Or a pencil :)

The support bracket they provide don’t seem to do much. No wonder people mount them vertically now. I would if I didn’t have a sound card in the way.

If you can't get this sorted under warranty it looks quite and easy repair for someone who has the patience. Didn't Vince used to do this type of thing? If it was mine I might be tempted to try it myself. I bet you can find someone online who will fix for not much money.

Vince still does this kind of thing, he helped fix a card i had but it was a dead core in the end but still he can attempt it.

UN710Va.jpg

NZcVsFr.jpg

Give @Vince a shout, he might be able to fix this.

Yea this seems like a pretty easy fix - Looks like just a filter caps been knocked off. If the cards working and all you need is that lot fixed and put back on then no problem.

Yea this seems like a pretty easy fix - Looks like just a filter caps been knocked off. If the cards working and all you need is that lot fixed and put back on then no problem.

i had the card running in the pci slot before i moved over to a riser (sup-01 case), seemed ok but latley pc kept crashing and restarting, i noticed a while ago the card would always show running in x8 mode no matter what i did, only when i looked over the card the other day did i see the broken component, and then it clicked, i would say becuase of this perhaps the signling isnt working right with the riser causing the crashing.

its a good card, core clocks are solid and ram too, it'd be a shame to let it go.

Back
Top Bottom