• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

I hit just over 30k (30688, to be precise) in Timespy default on my new 7900xtx Red Devil. Looking strong. My settings were as such:

Max speed: 2900mhz
Voltage: 1020mv
VRAM: 2650mhz (tried pushing to 2750, but artifacts)
Power limit: +15%

Significantly better temps than on my busted MBA, without saying: 72c load, 89c tjunction after 10min of load at these OC settings.

Edit: I still don't know what to do with this mahoosive box (looks like it should be carrying a tiny guitar for a black metal band) or the ridiculous backplate add-on.

Last edited:
I think this is my issue. I have 2 cables plugged in (one is daisy chained) and it requires 3 distinct cables/rails I've been told.

I've ordered a spare direct from Cooler master to see if supplying a 3rd discrete PCIe cable into the GPU will eliminate it. If not will consider sending it back.

I'm hopeful the third cable will sort it. For now I have undervolted and set the clocks to stock and the whine is much lower. I REALLY dont want to return it and start looking again

Also what's this kitchen roll test?

:(

Out of interest as I’ve got the same case do you know how many PCI-E connectors are on the PSU? Obviously there must be at least 3 as you’re ordering a spare cable which is good to know when I upgrade in the future. Also will be interesting to know if it cures your whine or if you just have a duff card.

I can’t really find much info on the 7900 xtx aorus elite. Do you know it’s power draw and number of phases?
Not sure about number of power phases, so far I watched two videos one from HUB youtube channel and a german channel, both channels tested the card but didn't do a teardown.

For power draw hwinfo shows around 406w max. +15 power limit max 467w. Which I believe is same as Nitro+.

Not sure about number of power phases, so far I watched two videos one from HUB youtube channel and a german channel, both channels tested the card but didn't do a teardown.

For power draw hwinfo shows around 406w max. +15 power limit max 467w. Which I believe is same as Nitro+.
Cool, thank you for checking.

Last edited:
Out of interest as I’ve got the same case do you know how many PCI-E connectors are on the PSU? Obviously there must be at least 3 as you’re ordering a spare cable which is good to know when I upgrade in the future. Also will be interesting to know if it cures your whine or if you just have a duff card.

The case came with just 2 PCIE cables (each has a daisy chain, so technically 4 connections).
Will update here once I get the cable on Friday. If that doesn't work its going back :(

Back
Top Bottom