• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Does anyone know how to identify the right cable for my PSU, its the one that comes with NR200P Max, I need to source a PCIE 8 (6+2) cable, see if it eliminates the coil whine my card has.
Cooler master website has a shop somewhere on it.
Thats where I was going to order one from till I decided to email the retailer i got my case from and say my case/psu only came with 1 cable, so they sent out another straight away.

It makes spotting enemies easier as it adds clarity/detail to the picture that helps with the blur that the games TAA implementation can introduce. You may find a lower value better, generally 50% or higher is good for me.
What's FidCas ;)

Question for those with the Nitro+
Do any of you have audible coil whine and if so how bad is it? Feel like I have got a really bad card here. Mine sounds like a dial up modem.

Last edited:
I contacted amd to organise an RMA but they don’t have any stock, offered me a refund but I’ll wait until they have enough stock to do a swap.

Probably take over two weeks to send back and receive the new card.

Just received my XTX Red Devil L.E. The box and packaging looks like it contains the Necronomicom, LOL. Not sure if it was worth the £150 extra over an MBA, but it does feel like they spent a good amount of time/money designing the L.E. extras, and it feels like a true limited/collectors edition. It's also definitively overwhelmed my RGB theme with the color red.

I haven't had a Red Devil since the 390x2, a card/chip setup I think was exclusive to this card. The 7900xtx is even better looking. Photos incoming.

Last edited:
I contacted amd to organise an RMA but they don’t have any stock, offered me a refund but I’ll wait until they have enough stock to do a swap.

Probably take over two weeks to send back and receive the new card.
I thought the MBA's were a limited run and they were not making anymore, could be wrong.

Question for those with the Nitro+
Do any of you have audible coil whine and if so how bad is it? Feel like I have got a really bad card here. Mine sounds like a dial up modem.
Is it coming from your card or the PSU, might be worth doing the kitchen roll test to make sure. Do you have all 3 cables plugged from your PSU to the card with no daisy chaining.

I thought the MBA's were a limited run and they were not making anymore, could be wrong.
I got mine directly from AMD as I’m based in Ireland and I missed the ocuk stock. They came back to me again there and said they’re awaiting inventory so hopefully this gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Is it coming from your card or the PSU, might be worth doing the kitchen roll test to make sure. Do you have all 3 cables plugged from your PSU to the card with no daisy chaining.
I think this is my issue. I have 2 cables plugged in (one is daisy chained) and it requires 3 distinct cables/rails I've been told.

I've ordered a spare direct from Cooler master to see if supplying a 3rd discrete PCIe cable into the GPU will eliminate it. If not will consider sending it back.

I'm hopeful the third cable will sort it. For now I have undervolted and set the clocks to stock and the whine is much lower. I REALLY dont want to return it and start looking again

Also what's this kitchen roll test?

:(

Last edited:
Just to add my Sapphire MBA card (from the initial OCUK stock) is working fine... I've repeatedly tested with Furmark and games and no sign of the hotspot going over 82°C - thankfully.

I'm going to keep a watchful eye on it, but so far I'm pleased with the performance and quality. I'm looking to keep the card at stock speeds, so I'm happy with the MBA design otherwise.

Last edited:
I think he means to take the tube from the kitchen roll and use it to help to pin poit where the coil whine is coming from. Use it like a funnel againt your ear with the other end point at your gpu, psu or whatever else could be cause the whine

Ah ok cool, thanks for the explanation. I'm 99% sure its the GPU as I popped the panel off and put my ear to it.
Also in some games when moving the mouse the coil reacts (goes up/down) based on the load as well.

Last edited:
Just to add my Sapphire MBA card (from the initial OCUK stock) is working fine... I've repeatedly tested with Furmark and games and no sign of the hotspot going over 82°C - thankfully.

I'm going to keep a watchful eye on it, but so far I'm pleased with the performance and quality. I'm looking to keep the card at stock speeds, so I'm happy with the MBA design otherwise.
Excellent temps 82c for hotspot tbf.
What is the kitchen roll test? Don't you know?

Fulldisclosureihaveabsolutelynoidea
I don't mean to be controversial but not all kitchen roll is created equal.

Last edited:
Dialed in my Overclock on my 7900 XT MBA today, this OC holds clocks much better than higher voltages and thus gets better scores at lower wattage.

Max Frequency: 2575
Voltage: 730 mv
VRAM: Fast timing, yes. 2700 Mhz
Power: +15.

27,770 3DMark Timespy GPU score.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom