• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

guessing a clen install, did you uncheck zero rpm mode?, how's case airflow and is the room your pc is in cool or hot?
Yeah did the clean install thing. Haven't disabled Zero RPM mode, but it's at 15% fan speed anyway. I was hoping the memory would downclock at idle but it's still 2487MHz.
Room temp might be a little warm, case airflow could be better (Corsair 900D).

Yeah did the clean install thing. Haven't disabled Zero RPM mode, but it's at 15% fan speed anyway. I was hoping the memory would downclock at idle but it's still 2487MHz.
Room temp might be a little warm, case airflow could be better (Corsair 900D).

the only thing i can say with regard to the memory not downclocking would be any software that starts up with your pc, have you tried disabling such startup software to find which one may be hogging your gpu, if your idle in windows the ram should be around 50-100mhz at maximum, with occasional spikes 700-800mhz but it should quickly drop back.

room temp is critical too, as well as case airflow, thease cards under full load do dump a fair amount of heat out, so its best to have good airflow and room temp's

This is my Nitro, zero RPM disabled, browser open. Running my undervolt profile for Football Manager 2023.
Ys5VZ8x.png
If I enable zero RPM in these scenarios then hotspot is usually in the low 40s-low 50s. Same for my 4090 also.

That's a lovely low delta @wookiee87 between your edge and junction temps. :cool:

is3XVhJ.jpg

oHEvXE6.jpg

Disable the zero rpm mode, the minimum fan rpm is higher than Nitro and Red Devil. With zero rpm on stable at around 50c for normal desktop use.

That’ll be why, disconnect one or try dropping both to 60hz and see if it drops. However, for you with those displays and refresh rates, it’s normal.
Yeah, dropping to 60Hz lets the memory downclock and knocks nearly 10C off both temps.
I* hope fix it so i can have my monitors at 144Hz as this is really poor. I've had it with Nvidia when the refresh rates are different and that's not ideal either, but when they're at the same rate it's fine.

Starting to think I should've got a 4070 Ti!

Yeah, dropping to 60Hz lets the memory downclock and knocks nearly 10C off both temps.
I* hope fix it so i can have my monitors at 144Hz as this is really poor. I've had it with Nvidia when the refresh rates are different and that's not ideal either, but when they're at the same rate it's fine.

Starting to think I should've got a 4070 Ti!
It happens the same on my 4090 and the 7900 XTX when I use two displays as well, it’s to do with the vertical blank timings on the displays. You can edit the display timings with cru to reduce the timing window so the memory downclocks, but I wouldn’t recommend it personally. There’s a guide on Reddit if it bothers you that much though.

It happens the same on my 4090 and the 7900 XTX when I use two displays as well, it’s to do with the vertical blank timings on the displays. You can edit the display timings with cru to reduce the timing window so the memory downclocks, but I wouldn’t recommend it personally. There’s a guide on Reddit if it bothers you that much though.
I don't want to go to that extent, I just wish I didn't need to. I don't think I have the issue with my 1080Ti connected to the same screens.
It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying. Part of the reason I bought 2 of the monitors was to avoid this issue.

Here is the "White Devil" - just noticed as I have uploaded the pic I must have knocked the cable to one of my fans whilst I had it out as its clearly not spinning! I have the cable extension arriving tomorrow so will get it sorted then.

Hi guys, I just received my Nitro+ and it's gorgeous for performance and OC/UV; I have just a few of things that worry me:

1 - sometimes, when I restart my pc, my screen just stays black ("no signal" alarm on the monitor) but I hear the sound of Windows starting; I thought initially was a problem of my screen, but after plugging in the DVI cable to the iGPU (7950X) everything works as it is supposed to. I also tried to put it on stock frequencies but it h
2 - While I play LoL, the screen can randomly black out for 2 seconds or so before coming back on.
3 - Until I unmounted it, checked all the cables and connections, my Rainbow RGB effect was constantly on the red (even checked on TriXX app: other colour effects were doing ok).
Any suggestion before thinking of sending this card back to RMA from Norway to UK? ._.

This my configuration:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X -
MB: Aorus X670E Master -
Cooler: NH-D15
RAM: 4*16GB DDR5 5600MHz -
GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX@3GHz/2700MHz/UV-50Mv 16GB-
PSU: Corsair 1000W -
AOC AG493UCX2 5140*1440p/165Hz

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just received my Nitro+ and it's gorgeous for performance and OC/UV; I have just a few of things that worry me:

1 - sometimes, when I restart my pc, my screen just stays black ("no signal" alarm on the monitor) but I hear the sound of Windows starting; I thought initially was a problem of my screen, but after plugging in the DVI cable to the iGPU (7950X) everything works as it is supposed to. I also tried to put it on stock frequencies but it h
2 - While I play LoL, the screen can randomly black out for 2 seconds or so before coming back on.
3 - Until I unmounted it, checked all the cables and connections, my Rainbow RGB effect was constantly on the red (even checked on TriXX app: other colour effects were doing ok).
Any suggestion before thinking of sending this card back to RMA from Norway to UK? ._.

This my configuration:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X -
MB: Aorus X670E Master -
Cooler: NH-D15
RAM: 4*16GB DDR5 5600MHz -
GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX@3GHz/2700MHz/UV-50Mv 16GB-
PSU: Corsair 1000W -
AOC AG493UCX2 5140*1440p/165Hz
I had the red RGB issue twice, restarting the system fixes. Not sure exactly what triggers it but I haven't had it in a good while now

Decided to RMA the card, the coil whine was just ridiculous in other games I can even hear them through headphones. Got £1300 I expected better from Sapphire.
Now I need to decide if I should swap or refund it and look to Nvidia..

Back
Top Bottom