• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

I got one of the Sapphire 7900 XT Pulse cards. As some of you may have noticed, I've had a few issues with it.
But now that I have it running and I think I've overcome some of the issues I can say I'm quite disappointed with the card.
It's not a good clocker, but that's just luck of the draw, still disappointing though. It runs hot. It's idling at about 46C with a Hotspot of 53C. I imagine this is due to the memory not downclocking while idle. Still the cooling on the card seem mediocre (I guess they saved the good stuff for the Nitro+).
The fans aren't too noisy but you'd hope that it's at least pretty quiet if it runs sorta hot.

I'm not a fan of the AMD driver package, although I suspect that's a little bit down to lack of familiarity. I'm not a fan of the layout, it looks to me like it was designed to be used on a mobile device such as a tablet or phone, but I'm using it on a PC so don't appreciate that interface It feels like it's about 4x bigger than it needs to be and they've split everything up over about 200 tabs and sub tabs and hidden stuff behind sliders that you need to toggle.
I'm not a fan of Nvidia's either as it does look dated, but I do prefer the compact nature. Mind you I've only used the Control Panel not GeForce Experience as I don't really want most of that stuff either.
I don't seem to have any choice but to install that with AMD if I want to be able to undervolt, overclock and set a fan curve.
How high your memory and junction temps go in gaming?
I was considering XTX Pulse model, but it's the same size as XT-s and might be even worse in cooling than MBA.

This is my Nitro, zero RPM disabled, browser open. Running my undervolt profile for Football Manager 2023.
Ys5VZ8x.png
If I enable zero RPM in these scenarios then hotspot is usually in the low 40s-low 50s. Same for my 4090 also.

That's a lovely low delta @wookiee87 between your edge and junction temps. :cool:

Last edited:
Yes I mostly use the trixx software for mucking about with the lighting although I have mucked about with the resolution enhancer which gives me 4k ultra wide res.

Back
Top Bottom