• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

I've got my Red Devil installed now and pretty happy with it - I think my 750w power supply probably isnt enough for it in OC mode as it crashed as soon as I tried to load the MW2 Benchmark with that Bios enabled but is fine on the Silent Bios. Its boosting to about 2.9ghz on that anyway and getting very decent FPS in Warzone (170-200).

There is coil whine, but once you have headphones on you can't hear it anyway. I've had to daisy chain it for now as im not sure my PSU even has the PCIE power outputs - is anyone able to shed light for me at all? I've got a Corsair SF750.

I've got my Red Devil installed now and pretty happy with it - I think my 750w power supply probably isnt enough for it in OC mode as it crashed as soon as I tried to load the MW2 Benchmark with that Bios enabled but is fine on the Silent Bios. Its boosting to about 2.9ghz on that anyway and getting very decent FPS in Warzone (170-200).

There is coil whine, but once you have headphones on you can't hear it anyway. I've had to daisy chain it for now as im not sure my PSU even has the PCIE power outputs - is anyone able to shed light for me at all? I've got a Corsair SF750.
The PSU should have 4x 8 pins for CPU/PCIE. Which MB do you have and how many 8 pins CPU plug do you need?

I am using RM1000x, tried a daisy chain cable and 3 individual cables for my xtx, and the coil whine is more or less the same.

Last edited:
The PSU should have 4x 8 pins for CPU/PCIE. Which MB do you have and how many 8 pins CPU plug do you need?

I am using RM1000x, tried a daisy chain cable and 3 individual cables for my xtx, and the coil whine is more or less the same.
Just one - I can see there is a spare port there so will use that - I assume its just the otther end of the cable that is different then ?

i have the same psu, and a devil xtx, i use 2 8pin eps to my 7950x and then use 3 pcie cables to my gpu, tiny bit of whine, but when side is on and headphones on cant hear it at all :)

Just one - I can see there is a spare port there so will use that - I assume its just the otther end of the cable that is different then ?
CPU and PCIe for GPU use different cables even though the PSU end is the same. Your PSU comes with 2x PCIe cable total of 4 connectors. you will need to buy an extra cable for Type 4 CORSAIR PSUs.

i have the same psu, and a devil xtx, i use 2 8pin eps to my 7950x and then use 3 pcie cables to my gpu, tiny bit of whine, but when side is on and headphones on cant hear it at all :)
The coil whine isn't that bad tbh and is excellent if compare to the 3090 FE I had before.

I don't normally use headphones and it is loud enough to hear in some games (mainly when switching between game menus/gameplay). Normal use is not easy to spot, only can hear it if I pay more attention.

CPU and PCIe for GPU use different cables even though the PSU end is the same. Your PSU comes with 2x PCIe cable total of 4 connectors. you will need to buy an extra cable for Type 4 CORSAIR PSUs.
Awesome, I actually have a Type 4 from an old corsair power supply I had as well so will just use that - have ordered another extension cable so it will still look nice though

MBA 7900 XTX FINAL 100% STABLE 24/24 SETTINGS FOR GAMING :
Min Frequency : 500Mhz
Max Frequency : 2750Mhz
VRAM Frequency : 2730Mhz - Fast Timing
Voltage : 1075mV
Power Limit : 0%
Average Hotspot temperature while gaming at 4K : 80°, max 84°. standard mount method but the side panel of the case is open.
note : it seems to be stable at +15% PL too, but hotspot increase to 90°, the card become really loud and the perf increase is only around 5-6%.

Some results :
Time Spy Extreme :
Stock settings :
Graphics score : 14007
Graphics test 1 : 90.92 FPS
Graphics test 2 : 80.59 FPS
OC setting with 0 PL :
Graphics score : 15080:
Graphics test 1 : 97.66 FPS
Graphics test 2 : 86.95 FPS

Note : i7 9700K @4.6Ghz all cores no power limit. 2x8GB 3100Mhz CL15 RAM, LG OLED C2 4K 120Hz. RezBar ON.

OC history :
Max Frequency set to 3000Mhz : stable at 1090mV
Max Frequency set to 2850Mhz : stable at 1080mV
Max Frequency set to 2750Mhz : stable at 1075mV
Max Frequency set to 2600Mhz : unstable at 1070mV
Voltage doesn't seems to affect VRAM OC ? unstable at 2740 but stable at 2730 from 1075 to 1150mV.
Note : these are real gaming scenarios on various games, not benchmarks because most of the benchmarks I tested can be stable with a lower voltage but crash in game.

OC/undervolt recommandation : I would recommand to start with low max frequency (2600Mhz) to first found the lowest stable voltage your card can handle, then increase voltage and frequency.

I hope this can help some here.

Last edited:
Have you checked if your's has vapor chamber fault?

Mine has. Try it open air, vertical mount. That's how mine finally ran stock. Also got some OC/UV. As I'm gonna waterblock it, I've not RMA'd.

Originally I underclocked, still could have issues. Then I tried a new PSU, still issues at stock, underclocked. Finally above fix worked.
I don't know if mine has the vapour chamber fault. not getting super high temps but it does go very fast to 80 at the junction point from want I can see.
I just changed to a new PSU and still getting the same issues. tbh for a £1000 I should not have to underclock it. I have limited it before but still, get the same
issues. the problem is sometimes I can play like world of warships for hours. pubg g can be a full couple rounds or crash on landing. ass creed Valhalla can go for hours or mins depending
its now doing my head in

Hi all. New here but just got my sapphire xtx MBA. Have been finding this group really helpful so cheers all. Firstly loving the xtx. Been using the other brand for a long time and this is my first jump to amd. Great so far. Getting set up was easy and adrenalin is user friendly and just enough. Not the over the top endless settings of nvidia control panel or experience Trying to force it's choices on you. Also far less tinkering required to get things just how I want them. A few games I had major issues running visually how I wanted just ran great from the start. Simpler over all . Performance is obviously spot on.
With regard to the junction temp. Been running 1440p furmark for 15 mins plus. Adrenalin states 348 w, and junction 78c. By this I think I am ok and changing card orientation improved things junction temp slightly. Only concern I have is hwinfo64 reports memory junction temp max as 90 sometimes slightly higher. I take it this is all good? Fans don't ramp up that high. Not sure the difference between adrenaline and hwinfo readings.

I don't know if mine has the vapour chamber fault. not getting super high temps but it does go very fast to 80 at the junction point from want I can see.
I just changed to a new PSU and still getting the same issues. tbh for a £1000 I should not have to underclock it. I have limited it before but still, get the same
issues. the problem is sometimes I can play like world of warships for hours. pubg g can be a full couple rounds or crash on landing. ass creed Valhalla can go for hours or mins depending
its now doing my head in
Have you set a reasonable maximum frequency ? as i said several times it improves stability a lot.

Last edited:
I got one of the Sapphire 7900 XT Pulse cards. As some of you may have noticed, I've had a few issues with it.
But now that I have it running and I think I've overcome some of the issues I can say I'm quite disappointed with the card.
It's not a good clocker, but that's just luck of the draw, still disappointing though. It runs hot. It's idling at about 46C with a Hotspot of 53C. I imagine this is due to the memory not downclocking while idle. Still the cooling on the card seem mediocre (I guess they saved the good stuff for the Nitro+).
The fans aren't too noisy but you'd hope that it's at least pretty quiet if it runs sorta hot.

I'm not a fan of the AMD driver package, although I suspect that's a little bit down to lack of familiarity. I'm not a fan of the layout, it looks to me like it was designed to be used on a mobile device such as a tablet or phone, but I'm using it on a PC so don't appreciate that interface It feels like it's about 4x bigger than it needs to be and they've split everything up over about 200 tabs and sub tabs and hidden stuff behind sliders that you need to toggle.
I'm not a fan of Nvidia's either as it does look dated, but I do prefer the compact nature. Mind you I've only used the Control Panel not GeForce Experience as I don't really want most of that stuff either.
I don't seem to have any choice but to install that with AMD if I want to be able to undervolt, overclock and set a fan curve.

It's not a good clocker, but that's just luck of the draw, still disappointing though. It runs hot. It's idling at about 46C with a Hotspot of 53C. I imagine this is due to the memory not downclocking while idle.

you'll find that all the 7000 series cards have a zero rpm function, if the gpu drops below 50 degrees at idle the fans wil stop, my mba xtx and red devil xtx do the same thing, in the adrenaline software you can disable zero rpm which in turn will drop the card temps back a good amount at idle and under load it should run cooler

dont give up on the new cards, they have a lot of grunt

Last edited:
I got one of the Sapphire 7900 XT Pulse cards. As some of you may have noticed, I've had a few issues with it.
But now that I have it running and I think I've overcome some of the issues I can say I'm quite disappointed with the card.
It's not a good clocker, but that's just luck of the draw, still disappointing though. It runs hot. It's idling at about 46C with a Hotspot of 53C. I imagine this is due to the memory not downclocking while idle. Still the cooling on the card seem mediocre (I guess they saved the good stuff for the Nitro+).
The fans aren't too noisy but you'd hope that it's at least pretty quiet if it runs sorta hot.
Idle temp look fine, similar to my gigabyte xtx, mine can go even higher when browsing or playing media about 53c and hotspot 58c. Also, zero fan mode is on so fan not spin till temp reach 55c or 60c.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom