• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

£100 off, January blues!
Oh my :cool: ...
They really listen to Matt's review about the MSRP. :cry: :cry:

But :eek::eek::eek: for those who bought it recently.
That'll be me :( . Hopefully CS sort me a ton, as only got 3 days ago...
It was always going to drop in price tbh and Gibbo mentioned as much a while back. Glad to see my review is live though it’s one of the best air cooled cards I’ve used tbh.
I'd concur it's quieter than Red Devil XTX. It's a tank grade cooler :eek::D...
How much does the RD sag?
Maybe few mm near end, slight tilt down on "eye" corner. Here's album of my Red Devil XTX, right near mid is shot of Nitro XTX and then Red Devil in same position.

It was always going to drop in price tbh and Gibbo mentioned as much a while back. Glad to see my review is live though it’s one of the best air cooled cards I’ve used tbh.
Very tempted to follow suit and just skip buying a 4090FE and get a nitro with the price drop.

Higher end model owners, how are your memory junction temps on XT/XTX?

As MBA owner i'm still a bit disturbed as it goes 10C higher than GPU junction...
This is a compare on MemtestCL. Nitro left, Red Devil right. Both open air case setup, horizontal.

If Nitro run has ~10% less fan speed, it was ~1C cooler room, see the water temps on far right column. Then also note clocks averaged clocks for load, voltages, power, etc.

@sHo0sH

"apples to apples" link, Nitro XTX ASIC Quality 54.0%, Red Devil XTX ASIC Quality 49.4%.

For that Nitro profile, I have 3x 3DM FS/FSE/FSU/TS/TSE, then 3x SP4K, SP1080E, 1x MemtestCL 25 iterations. Planning to get same on RD if it holds profile.

Last edited:
I have only 41,3% ASIC quality.
But i bench with my MBA XT quite good scores - Time Spy graphics 28120 and FireStrike ultra 18430. (+15PL, 2750mhz VRAM, 1040mV)
50+% ASIC can catch XTX stock performance? :p

Last edited:
@sHo0sH

See this post, link on Nitro XTX vs Red Devil XTX.

Anyone with a this card does anyone know what its like for coil whine?

I've got MBA XTX, Nitro XTX, Red Devil XTX.

Been running them on air, open air, sitting next to rig, no hearing issues.

Uncapped FPS, etc, much the sameness between each for whine. Which is not surprising, as all been run PL +15%, OC/UV and pretty much same VRM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom