• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Merc 310's are very capable and ultra cool meaning you can hold the 3k clock speeds easily... xfx never get a fair shake I literally went all out to get a merc as 1st choice this gen and thankfully one amazon seller loves to put them for sale.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Merc 310's are very capable and ultra cool meaning you can hold the 3k clock speeds easily... xfx never get a fair shake I literally went all out to get a merc as 1st choice this gen and thankfully one amazon seller loves to put them for sale.
Yes at max rpm is cools very well indeed, good for benches but it is very loud.

Last edited:
Associate
I decided on the XTX Nitro+ as opposed to Nvidia this time. Despite all the drama going on, I think AMD will give us a great product this time around.
Can anyone advise how their drivers/performance improves with AMD? Do they have a good track record?

Associate
I find it not as loud as my merc 319 6900 xt but lucky for me its under my desk so I hardy hear it anyway though I have heard multiple people say they are loud I may just be going deaf lol.

Associate
I find it not as loud as my merc 319 6900 xt but lucky for me its under my desk so I hardy hear it anyway though I have heard multiple people say they are loud I may just be going deaf lol.
The Merc 310 is loud, I am glad to get the Gigabyte card after I sent the xfx back.

Compared both have similar fan speeds with default bios, the xfx is way louder. I did push the Gigabyte card for some benchmarks and the fan was running @ 100% 3200 rpm but still sound better than the xfx @ 1900rpm.

Maybe my PC is on the desk very close to me which makes me very sensitive to fan noises.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ugh, no dispatch from OcuK. :(
If you haven’t had it give them a ring.

I didn’t get one even though ordered early in the day, guy on the phone said they’ve had a few issues with orders not being auto sent to warehouse for packing.

Rang up and within an hour it was despatched.

Could be nonsense but thought I’d mention it.

Associate

I didn’t get one even though ordered early in the day, guy on the phone said they’ve had a few issues with orders not being auto sent to warehouse for packing.

I ordered a case earlier today and haven't had a dispatch email either. Gutted as could have done with it tomorrow.

Associate
The Nitro is completely silent at 40% fan speed. The Merc is almost loud at 40%. It’s even audible at35%, however it does move a lot more air.

Thats awesome to hear about the Nitro. Do you have the XTX? I may need some help with tinkering mine when it arrives like fan curves, undervolting etc.

Soldato
The Nitro is completely silent at 40% fan speed. The Merc is almost loud at 40%. It’s even audible at35%, however it does move a lot more air.
Completely unrelated but 40% is the magic number for all my stuff. Case fans, radiator fans and AIO pump speed. I like it silent. Also the heating barely makes any difference if I stick them up to 60

Soldato
A long time since I've posted on OcUK. I've been keeping an eye on this thread and was able to order an XFX Merc 310 XTX last week which arrived today. Adding my hat to the ring for the owners list!

34OmF97.jpeg
Z4NQLiX.jpeg

Pretty happy so far - looks suit me perfectly. Don't care for anything RGB or overly flashy - I'm using a windowless Fractal Define R3 case. The fans aren't annoyingly loud - certainly fine with the case on the floor and not really noticable above case or CPU fans.

After an hour of mixed benchmarking and a 5 minute Furmark run the highest logged GPU temp was 66 degrees with an 84 degree hotspot reading.

Caporegime

Thanks dude, I may just do that tomorrow.

Soldato
i've gone a head and ordered a red devil 7900xtx yesterday, hearing the statment from AMD about a faulty batch of MBA cards (coolers) i've decided that if i ever sell the card i wouldn't be happy using the aircooler as that is the problem, i have contacted ocuk to start a rma, i have also contacted ekwb and asked to change the block from the special edition MBA tot he red devil block.

we'll see what happens

Last edited:
Associate
i've gone a head and ordered a red devil 7900xtx yesterday, hearing the statment from AMD about a faulty batch of MBA cards (coolers) i've decided that if i ever sell the card i wouldn't be happy using the aircooler as that is the problem, i have contacted ociuk to start a rma, i have also contacted ekwb and asked to change the block from the special edition MBA tot he red devil block.

we'll see what happens

I think I am leaning towards this now. My MBA card seems fine. temperature wise. I bumped power to 115% last night and ran through some TimeSpy and Port Royal benches, and the Hot Spot seemed to top out at 91/92 degrees, which is fine. It didn't appear to be throttling. Fans went ape. TBP topped out at 400W. All good.

However, there is always that niggling thought at the back of my mind, much along the lines of future value. This MBA "issue" is going to tar all cards, regardless if they were affected by the problem or not (I mean, at this stage, we are still guessing at the scale and percentages of people who are/have been affected by this issue and owners will have no way of proving if their card is ok or not to any future buyers). Mainly because of this, I would prefer to spend a bit more, get a Nitro or similar and rest easy that its resale value in the future, while obviously never guaranteed, is not going to be potentially marred by this problem.

However, can I realistically RMA a card that, as far as I can tell, operates perfectly fine and is without fault?

Soldato
I think I am leaning towards this now. My MBA card seems fine. temperature wise. I bumped power to 115% last night and ran through some TimeSpy and Port Royal benches, and the Hot Spot seemed to top out at 91/92 degrees, which is fine. It didn't appear to be throttling. Fans went ape. TBP topped out at 400W. All good.

However, there is always that niggling thought at the back of my mind, much along the lines of future value. This MBA "issue" is going to tar all cards, regardless if they were affected by the problem or not (I mean, at this stage, we are still guessing at the scale and percentages of people who are/have been affected by this issue and owners will have no way of proving if their card is ok or not to any future buyers). Mainly because of this, I would prefer to spend a bit more, get a Nitro or similar and rest easy that its resale value in the future, while obviously never guaranteed, is not going to be potentially marred by this problem.

However, can I realistically RMA a card that, as far as I can tell, operates perfectly fine and is without fault?

i would only rma if you junction temps shoot upto 110c, it really doesn't take long on a affected card and when it does the fans go mad at 2800rpm it's a litteral jet engine, i have had to underclock my core to 2400mhz and use a -10% power offset to make my card play ball, i mean the core is great at 56 degrees but still even with the changes my hotspot hits 90 easy and if i put the card back to stock then 110c easy in around a 1-2 minutes :(

Last edited:
Associate
i would only rma if you junction temps shoot upto 110c, it really doesn't take long on a affected card and when it does the fans go mad at 2800rpm it's a litteral jet engine, i have had to underclock my core to 2400mhz and use a -10% power offset to make my card play ball, i mean the core is great at 56 degrees but still even with the changes my hotspot hits 90 easy and if i put the card back to stock then 110c easy in around a 1-2 minutes :(

You planning on RMA'ing?

Back
Top Bottom