• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
So I've run into some issues getting Windows on my new build. Initially the Bios stated it couldn't recognise the GPU, but managed to get access to the Bios anyway and sort the boot priority. However the GPU was still not recognised on it, but this makes sense given its a brand new device.

I have a Windows 11 USB boot drive I used, but when I get to the installation section it stops me stating hardware requirements are not met...

Specs are below. What should I do, get a W10 USB? Anyone else done a new build with similar issues.

Asus B550I
Sn850 WD NVMe 1TB
Sapphire Nitro+ 7900 XTX
Ryzen 5600x
Corsair 32 GB Vengeance DDR4 3600 RAM

Soldato
whoops forgot to plug in my 3rd 8pin pice cable to by red devil, funny thing is the pc still booted and the card is fine with 2 out of 3, bonus XD

h5GpYtt.jpg.png

but will make sure to connect the 3rd and see if i can pull more power and oc a bit more

quick timespy run, gpu set to 3050mhz and power limit +15% max temps 61 core and 83 junction

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34428676

decent jump over the MBA

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys. Got powercolor MBA 7900xtx. It's throttling at 110° junction. Any of you know how the process of addressing this with amd/powercolor is?

Associate
Hi guys. Got powercolor MBA 7900xtx. It's throttling at 110° junction. Any of you know how the process of addressing this with amd/powercolor is?
My understanding is you need to take it up with where you bought it, or with the manufacturer direct. If you have only just got the card, I would say raising an RMA with the place you bought it would be your best option, as they will probably be able to offer you a straight swap or refund, assuming the fault can be replicated.

Associate
Hi guys. Got powercolor MBA 7900xtx. It's throttling at 110° junction. Any of you know how the process of addressing this with amd/powercolor is
My understanding is you need to take it up with where you bought it, or with the manufacturer direct. If you have only just got the card, I would say raising an RMA with the place you bought it would be your best option, as they will probably be able to offer you a straight swap or refund, assuming the fault can be replicated.
That's what I would rather avoid. Those cards are impossible to get. And AMD on CES said they have solution and we should contact them directly. I thought someone here experienced it already that's why I asked. Thanks anyway

Associate
So finally managed to get my Sapphire 7900 XTX (Nitro+) build working.

Now I get horrific coil whine when the fans go above 1200 rpm. Is this normal or should I consider returning it? Anything I can do my side to reduce this?

Associate

Now I get horrific coil whine when the fans go above 1200 rpm. Is this normal or should I consider returning it? Anything I can do my side to reduce this?

Is it all the time or when your fps is crazy high?

Associate

Aw, I‘m gutted for you. I had could whine on my founder edition 4090 which could be heard during normal use (4k <120fps). After several hours of use it did go away and I can only hear it now if I put my ear right next to it (I think this is normal, not putting your ear next to a GPU but hearing coil whine from a few cm away) or when frame rates are well over 500 +. Maybe give it a good solid run and see if it disappears. I recall Gibbo saying he would accept returns for coil whine, as long as the PSU is ruled out first.

Last edited:
Associate
I think I need to give it a solid run, that and also need to get another PCEI cable so I have 3 separate rails feeding the GPUI (at the moment have 2, 1 of them is daisychained).
When I fired up WoW for the first time, the RPM got to about 1200 and the coil whine was very audible, but it did get lower. Guess I'm being impatient! Will post back after some proper use.
Performance wise, super happy with the card as I came from a laptop 3060 so it was a huge upgrade for me.

Associate
Is this a sign that my card is one of the faulty ones? (Powercolor Radeon RX 7900 XTX MBA)
Screenshot-2023-01-07-163925.png

Associate
It looks like it could be. What were you running to hit those temperatures?
Seeing posts like this really worries me.
I am not able to get to my PC until next week to fully test. The 30day refund window runs out on the 13th Jan and after that I would expect it to be a direct replacement, which, tbh the whole vapor chamber debacle has me spooked.

Associate
Seeing posts like this really worries me.
I am not able to get to my PC until next week to fully test. The 30day refund window runs out on the 13th Jan and after that I would expect it to be a direct replacement, which, tbh the whole vapor chamber debacle has me spooked.
You’re on a tight schedule but you would still probably get 14 days to return it from when the RMA is authorised. If you miss the deadline and have the temperature issue it would be reasonable to assume it was sold to you that way and you might not have too much trouble getting it replaced (the other option is probably the better of the two).

Alternatively, if it’s unused you could return it as unwanted and buy another when you’re ready.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom