• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Here is what mine is getting on TimeSpy - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/87463366? this is at 1090 on the undervolt and +10% power limit on my silent bios. I had run one at 1125 and no extra power limite and the GPU score was around 29k so a nice improvement from such a small tweak.

My phase 1 tuning setup on Nitro setup vs yours, link, wall meter read max 625W, idle 107W, inc screen 30W.

Not bad gentlemen. Here's a graphics score for you to try and beat, faster than stock 4090s. :cool:

Nice :) , got to 33K so far, link.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Which is better the red devil or merc if the red devil is a bit cheaper?
Red Devil for me.

OcuK now have some Asrock XTX cards in stock.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Red Devil for me.

Yep landed today, should be the first with the Asrock models. :)

Associate
Which is better the red devil or merc if the red devil is a bit cheaper?

Merc has higher PL than RD. Merc has same as Nitro/Aorus Elite, cards 2680MHz.

On Nitro vs MBA I'm inclined to side with MBA at present. Better price performance and power consumption.

I have a RD coming tomorrow. This has cost 11% more than my launch day MBA. If it gives me >5% gain than MBA, I may then just sell that and keep RD.

My above recommendations are based on my own needs/metric to buy. I disregard cooler for daily use, as will be going waterblock.

Last edited:
Soldato
With a few gameplay setting tweaks and the aforementioned undervolt and power increase I'm able to get this for stable gameplay on Cod whilst it still being quiet.
It's almost a doubling of performance from my 3080

Cod-Benchmark.jpg

Associate
So my second attempt at Time Spy and I get this https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/87491221? I used the auto overclock on the CPU which it was is a 0.2Ghz increase. I then upped the voltage on the GPU to 1090 and dropped the core to 2950.

I also didn't have a frame cap enabled either this time or last.

Having never used Time Spy before, is it normal for the GPU power usage to drop down to say 200W/50% usage along with a drop in FPS during it?

Edit: Just tried again going the opposite way out of curiosity, so 3100 on the core and a voltage of 1045 and I now get this https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/87492344?

Last edited:
Associate
Red Devil for me.

How much does it sag if any?

Soldato
Apologies if this has been been mentioned before there's 84 pages and I haven't read them all.

Anyone having freezes in Windows?

My 7900XT MBA is faultless while gaming but sometimes browsing the internet is causing hard system lock ups. I swapped out a 3090 for this card ( clean driver install ) and it's only started happening since the swap.

Hopefully a driver update fixes it because I've been otherwise delighted with the card.

Thanks
Scott

Caporegime
Apologies if this has been been mentioned before there's 84 pages and I haven't read them all.

My 7900XT MBA is faultless while gaming but sometimes browsing the internet is causing hard system lock ups. I swapped out a 3090 for this card ( clean driver install ) and it's only started happening since the swap.

Hopefully a driver update fixes it because I've been otherwise delighted with the card.

Thanks
Scott
No, but you can try disabling hardware acceleration in web browsers as a random suggestion. Have you considered a clean install of windows?

Soldato

Thanks
Scott
Only time i have had lockups was when I was trying to undervolt a little too much or up the ram clock beyond 2650. Been rock solid otherwise drawing about 60w when using the machine for work. (email, chrome + lots of tabs)

Soldato
Gotta agree luv the look of Red Devil...

QEolBFl.jpg

@Kaapstad , another one for TOL, thanks.
Do you notice much difference in performance with 3800mhz ram instead of 3600mhz ram ? I was under the impression when you are not the same as the infiinity clock the performance increase is negligible? I've never really managed to succesfully play around with ram timings and overclocking so hoped it was true :)

Associate
Do you notice much difference in performance with 3800mhz ram instead of 3600mhz ram ? I was under the impression when you are not the same as the infiinity clock the performance increase is negligible? I've never really managed to succesfully play around with ram timings and overclocking so hoped it was true :)

IIRC on X3D even 3200MHz benched similar as higher, only some things showed some small difference. Like a RAM bench, but general usage like gaming, day to day stuff, no difference.

As the kit I'm using (Crucial Sport LT Micron E 2x16GB) doesn't tighten as much as Samsung B die I go for max FCLK:UCLK:MEMCLK 1:1:1, to eek the most out of it.

The B die I have works well @ 3800MHz, will do tighter timings than Micron E. Only issue is on long usage ie 8hrs+ I can see an error or 2. Usually due to heat, it needs more cooling. Where as the Micron E even when my case is as it should be, will stay fine even in high ambient. So I choose the E die for daily use.

Q0Te7qP.jpg

3CIRzhB.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom