• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
I believe the Nitro, besides the aesthetics, is also the only one with overengineered cooling. So the question of the prices difference really should be the question for amount of noise it makes (fan wise) and how much heat both you and the GPU can tolerate when the environmental temperatures creep up during the summer. If it's fine (you use Air Con for example), then I don't see why you need to go for the Red Devil or Nitro, the basic default at that point will be fine if the sound level is OK for you.

But if the nosie and temps can be a concern, then the Red Devil and Nitro are your better bets are not sitting next to a heater when in use during the summer. (Thinking about it now, that's probably what helped contribute to my older rig dying, as it happened right after the 40C heat wave in London last year). Anyway, all good cards in any case. :)
The Nitro is bloody silent I've never had anything so quiet the whirring of the case fans are louder than the GPU its the closest I've come to silent gaming its a better card than the 3090FE I owned and it doesn't chuck out heat all over the end of the mobo/ram sticks and its damn nice to look at too. Its the best card I've ever owned easily. And it handles everything I throw at it including Hogwarts at near 4k without a murmur. Its awesome. Its been absolutely trouble free too drivers no problem I sometimes wonder if half the problems reported are simply clickbait.

Caporegime
The Nitro is bloody silent I've never had anything so quiet the whirring of the case fans are louder than the GPU its the closest I've come to silent gaming its a better card than the 3090FE I owned and it doesn't chuck out heat all over the end of the mobo/ram sticks and its damn nice to look at too. Its the best card I've ever owned easily. And it handles everything I throw at it including Hogwarts at near 4k without a murmur. Its awesome. Its been absolutely trouble free too drivers no problem I sometimes wonder if half the problems reported are simply clickbait.
Echos my experience with it too tbf.

I Had a glitch with Edge a while back causing a brief (1 second) white screen when scrolling web pages, but that seems to be fixed now either thanks to a browser or driver update.

Associate
Aaaaand no coil whine.

Associate
Decided to try horizon zero dawn last night. For some reason you get 2 mins out of it and it crashes.

Found a steam conversation about it and everyone is saying the same. It crashes with the XT or XTX.

This is the kind of thing which gives AMD a bad name.

Associate
Its still annoying and not something I expect.. Its not like the game has "new world" performance stretching code.
I’ll try this tonight on mine. However this game has long and distinguished reputation for crashing to desktop on anything. Do you have crashes in other games.

Last edited:
Associate
I recently finished Horizon Zero Dawn, enjoyed it.

Did crash though, a lot! :p Without overlays and AMD the software running it seemed to crash less.

Associate
Mine was enough to send back unfortunately.
Can't believe they cut the price on the Nitros by £100 after the initial wave. Is that a sale price?
Hi @Ushay
Was just wondering, what was your other components when dealing with whine (particularly the PSU) and what attempts (if any) did you make to subdue it.

Would be good to build a base for others that face similar issues.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to try horizon zero dawn last night. For some reason you get 2 mins out of it and it crashes.

Found a steam conversation about it and everyone is saying the same. It crashes with the XT or XTX.

This is the kind of thing which gives AMD a bad name.
it doesn't but it is the most difficult game to run undevolted. i can run 9/10 games at 1085mV without any crash while Horizon requires 1110mV for me to be stable.
i played it for hours no crashes since then.
Moreover you should try to reduce max frequency, some games can't be stable with the same max frequency than some other games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom