• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Just bought a shiney 7900XTX so looking forward to getting it and installing. Other than it being obscenely huge, anything I should know? Reading about the power draw, will an 850W PSU be adequate?
I ran mine on an old 850w it was fine. I went waaaay overkill and bought a Seasonic Prime PX-1600 as I don't intend to buy another PSU for 12 years at least.

Soldato
Anyone know if we'll ever get HAGS (Hardware GPU scheduling) for the official AMD drivers?

Not sure if it will help performance, but might be nice to have.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone know if we'll ever get HAGS (Hardware GPU scheduling) for the official AMD drivers?

Not sure if it will help performance, but might be nice to have.
It’s a nice to have but ultimately it does very little and often hurts performance in cpu heavier games, at least that’s how it is on the 4090. It hurts performance in Warzone for example, but It’s needed for DLSS3 FG.

Last edited:
Soldato
I suppose using it for me would depend on whether it improves framerate at all with games that struggle to get 1% lows of 60 FPS.

Maybe they could implement the ability to allow users set it manually for each game in the AMD software app.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought a shiney 7900XTX so looking forward to getting it and installing. Other than it being obscenely huge, anything I should know? Reading about the power draw, will an 850W PSU be adequate?
You'll be fine yeah my 7900XTX Pulse is running just fine on a Corsair 750W - no crashes at all! Will likely need some beefier in future but for now it's working fine.

Associate
i'll be returning to team red soon, picked up a xtx and block for a decent price yesterday :)
Here’s my XT which I also picked up for a good price! And it’s been night and day for me in terms of performance vs 3060ti.

URWCvb8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom