• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
I've just updated to 19.12.3, and can see that the memory clocks are all over the place again. Spiking to some really high levels. Posted about it on the drivers thread with some screen shots. I'm surprised there aren't any issues if memory is actually being pushed that high?

Not had issues other than that so far, only played a couple of games.
I have memory clocks up to 1450 in more or less idle (gpu usage around 30%) situations and somehow it does not do anything.
Under heavy load it is strictly correct.

Associate
I have memory clocks up to 1450 in more or less idle (gpu usage around 30%) situations and somehow it does not do anything.
Under heavy load it is strictly correct.

Screen shots from my other post :-

GPUMEM1.JPG

GPUMEM2.JPG

Not got any overclocking enabled, just undervolting to 970mv. General desktop use and you tube video watching seems to send it high. A peak of almost 1.8k seems a bit mad, so not sure how accurate these are but do see this in watt man as well.

Will have to do some more monitoring under load.

I do have an issue where if I leave the monitor in 10bit I get a flicker of the task bar every now and again, but not if I force monitor to 8bit. Not sure if this is a monitor fault, or linked to the vmem jumps. Not certain if my monitor is a true 10bit or 8 bit + frc?

As discussed before, latest bios on card too.

Man of Honour
I updated my drivers the other day because my Rift made me. There is all new stuff and it murdered all of my old settings putting image sharpening and other "stuff" on. I changed a few things back and its been solid without any issues but I was going to ask, my 7 is still running release day bios (I bought on day of release) and up until last week was running properly old drivers. Is it actually worth doing the bios update? I've literally never had any issues with my card so haven't bothered. Is it worth it?

Associate
I updated my drivers the other day because my Rift made me. There is all new stuff and it murdered all of my old settings putting image sharpening and other "stuff" on. I changed a few things back and its been solid without any issues but I was going to ask, my 7 is still running release day bios (I bought on day of release) and up until last week was running properly old drivers. Is it actually worth doing the bios update? I've literally never had any issues with my card so haven't bothered. Is it worth it?

I believe the bios update was to correct an issue with EUFI bios support, or some general motherboard bios compatibility related issue - not related to general performance? I also bought on day of release and updated bios just to be safe. Don't think there's been any updates since.

If you have no boot issues, it's probably not worth updating.

Man of Honour
I believe the bios update was to correct an issue with EUFI bios support, or some general motherboard bios compatibility related issue - not related to general performance? I also bought on day of release and updated bios just to be safe. Don't think there's been any updates since.

If you have no boot issues, it's probably not worth updating.

Nah it's been working a charm, no boot issues, black screen issues or any other issues at all to be honest. I'm firmly in the camp of if it aint broke don't fix it hence the 8 month old drivers I was using. Don't think ill bother with the bios. I think there appears to be 2 bios updates from a quick glance.

Associate
Have ordered the ekwb block for my VII as they are out of production now. Will see how it compares to the AlphaCool block that I'm currently using.
Night and day! The blast plate on the Alphacool blocks is of a very poor design. What sort of temps are you currently getting.
I'm running 1801mhz @ 950mv 1140HBM. I'm hitting a max of 33c edge and 62c junction on the EK block. 29-30c unless my heating is on. My junction temp was 20-30c hotter with the alphacool block!

Associate
19.12.3 overclocks well with morepowertool. I get 0.5% more score compared to 19.5.3

How are Radeon VII users finding the 19.12.3 driver?

I've just updated to 19.12.3, and can see that the memory clocks are all over the place again. Spiking to some really high levels. Posted about it on the drivers thread with some screen shots. I'm surprised there aren't any issues if memory is actually being pushed that high?

Not had issues other than that so far, only played a couple of games.

So, are the 19.12.3 fine now with overclocking again? Would be nice to be able to squeeze some extra performance again with latest drivers as just about to play through Control.

Back
Top Bottom