***The Retro Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
Without going all rose-tinted-goggles, they had to do more with less. They spent more time setting games up with intricate trading systems and depth rather than worrying about rendering the protagonist's sidekick's boobs in 16k textures.

Apparently there's no longer a market for trading and RTS games, otherwise we'd get more than one every five years...

Soldato
Lost_Patrol_game.jpg

tune_21401_2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

41626-lost-patrol-amiga-screenshot-the-only-difference-between-you.gif

Oh dear lord, the memories. I wish I could go back, I miss my youth and my Amiga games. What fond amazing days. Best game ever and music, why can't they recapture the atmosphere and feeling in todays games.

Soldato
I know Neil, I'm forever viewing Amiga long plays and music compilations on YouTube lol..I do have my Amiga still setup in my spare bedroom, but sadly some of my favourites no longer work and I'm gutted.....Wings, Turrican, Shadow Of The Beast, Unreal and The Lost Patrol all fall in that category :mad:

Caporegime
OP
You could always buy an IDE cable + 4GB CF card :)

For a small fee I know someone who Installs HD and Classic work bench onto Amiga's. However I know how you feel about originals not working, same with me and Dizzy :(

Soldato
Has anyone tried 4k downsampling on some the old retro games from the mid-late 90s like doom, Duke nukem, quake, half life etc? Really curious to see what they would look like. I don't have the ability to try them myself at the moment, as my pc is in bits.

Back
Top Bottom