***The Retro Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
I've been playing Need for Speed Porsche 2000. It's one of my favourite games and I think it came out at a great time - modern enough to have some quality of life benefits like slick presentation and looking and sounding nice, but old enough to have the spirit of old games - it's very detailed, has lots of useful extras, obviously no micro payments, no half baked story mode...

l3E2IzZ.gif.png

The car handling is very nice with an xbox 360 controller, and feels similar to 911s in much more modern racing games, and certainly different to "normal" cars. Very twitchy (early cars) but rewarding when you get it right. The engine noises are lovely and 'dirty' listening to the air cooled engines as you fly past in the replay mode is nice. Nice menu music, racing soundtrack is a bit crap though.

Anyway, here are some screenshots. Feast your eyes on the car models featuring over 2,000 polygons!

a2MUVku.png

PhAK5Bb.png

e1c36q1.png

mRop4IC.png

5rDsXPM.png

HH7lyTk.png

Rbx7eby.png

jioZBXs.png

Somewhere the gear change animation got bugged out - this happens every change (and has happened as long as I can remember.. it might just be Windows XP thing).

xYKZpi6.gif.png

Also here are some sound effects...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom